Mark topics as read

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
fastback33

Mark topics as read

How do i turn this on automatically? So every time i log on here it only shows topics that have been posted in since my last visit? I went into the control panel and looked for something like this but no luck. Any help? it is kind of annoying doing this everytime.

Steven
Owner

Re: Mark topics as read

I don't think there is such an option available though. Personally I don't think it's much of a burden. Previously it wasn't very consisent and at least it is now ;)

There are however various ways to know what to read: there is a recent posts rss feed, a listing on the homepage and of course the "mark all read" link.

Any more suggestions welcome of course ;)

modbaraban

The read topics (and forums) are highlighted like this Image
The topics with new posts since last visit (and forums containing them) are highlighted like this Image
So if I'm not interested in some topics I just press Mark topics as read before 'leaving' the forum.

That's how it works for me at least. If you'd have all topics being marked as read by default the moment you log-in then the whole idea of Image/Image differentiation becomes pointless.

fastback33

Shoot. that's what i have been doing, i guess i need to stop being lazy.