Hi, need help for a project

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
felix

Hi, need help for a project

Hi guys, I'm on my first year of college (mec. engineering) and we were assigned a small project for our mechanical drawing class.

Basically, we need to do a 3D model of a component in Solidworks (and its 2D drawings as well)... Currently, me and my mates are thinking of drawing a 2 stroke 50cc engine + clutch and gearbox. We have the repair manual of the engine, which is a great help, since it has decent drawing of all the parts, but no dimensions or tolerances... :?

So, what I'm asking for is if you know / have any good drawings of mechanical parts ( preferably car/bike related ) or any website with that kind of stuff?

Gearboxes, small engines, suspensions and stuff like that would be ideal, only problem is that the drawings need to be elaborate and so far I'm not finding anything... Something like thisbut more detailed would be ideal. =)

Cheers. :D

HKS

Re: Hi, need help for a project

Racing cars are neither beautiful nor ugly, they are beautiful only when you win races.