Qualifying today!!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Becker4
Becker4

Qualifying today!!

AAAHHHHHHH im so excited, im gonna be giddy all day. what are your guys guesses for who will take pole?

Distomak
Distomak

Jenson will be in the top 3, Obligitory schumacer appearance, and montoya.

3. Jenson Button
2. Juan Pabolo Montoya
1. Michael Schumacher.

rumpelstulskin
rumpelstulskin

guys what do you read in the friday free 1 times?
the walrus not superfast?

F1freak
F1freak

Ferrari looks tough as usual. They're ~2 seconds clear of everyone else. However, not sure how much the other teams were trying to conserve their engines. Ferrari of course has a long reliability record that might allow them to fully explore their car's potential.

Aaaaaaarrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhh - I'm so excited!!!!

West
West

F1freak wrote:Ferrari looks tough as usual. They're ~2 seconds clear of everyone else. However, not sure how much the other teams were trying to conserve their engines. Ferrari of course has a long reliability record that might allow them to fully explore their car's potential.

Aaaaaaarrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhh - I'm so excited!!!!
You should remember Ross Brawn worrying at the 2003 USGP about the law of averages... they haven't had a breakdown in so long...
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

If my name was Willi Webber i would be placing my order for 300 baseball caps that say SEVEN TIMES on them! -Scuderia_Russ...can't log in my pc is having an epileptic fit!

Becker4
Becker4

i am thrilled to see renaults pace, especially with both drives, not jsut one doing well . . . hopefully they can qualify and race as well.

Distomak
Distomak

Nice to see Jenson in 4th in P2... If he get's up one more place and stays there today, i'll have won £11.25 :) If he manages to get past the ferrari turbochargers then i'll have won £63.25 :D

Woo and Yay.

mvf4sp
mvf4sp

I don't know what you guys think but I saw a pretty steady Ferrari today compared to williams, let's see what happends tomorrow, It's gonna be a lovley race!!!

rodders
rodders

yeh RED cars front row but Webber 6th

give em hell mark

Aradea
Aradea

Great job for BAR, Jense & Takuma are in the top ten !! :D
Now the only thing to worry is the reliability of the cars on the real race. Not only for BAR, But Other teams as well..
On sunday we'll see how the new engine rules makes all the teams life a living hell! :lol:

Distomak
Distomak

Not to mention the fact that the newbies are midfield.

F1freak
F1freak

I think that Ferrari might (must) be on a different race strategy than Williams/Mclaren. As DC pointed out and looking at the lap times (not only Q1 but also all the Practice times), Ferrari's times just look too good to be true. Their Q2 times are faster than any of their Q1 or practice times. Maybe they are on a 3 stop strategy, as some annoucers were commenting was a possibility because of the shorter pit lane. Also, does this not play into their favor from a tyre perspective? Three stops means three tire changes - are Bridgestone's better for short stints versus longer stints?

Thoughts???????

(Only 5 more hours to the race!!!!!!!!!)

Yes, Ferrari are in a 3 stop strategy. But I think JPM and Button will go for 3 pit stops too. Montoya's time would be similar to Ferrari's, if not for his mistake in sector 3. Ralf will go for 2 stops (though his time is slow enough to go for 1 stop...).
And McLaren is in trouble.

Just 4 hours...!

Steven
Owner

I'm very very disappointed in McLaren, I just love that car, but apparently they didn't get it all right yet...

For the format... I find the qualifying VERY BORING, I don't know how, but they should find something else, to me this is just 2 hours waste of time, I watched 1st session until Monty, and then the 10 last drivers in session 2