STR3 rolls-out at Barcelona

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Principessa

STR3 rolls-out at Barcelona

The STR3 has rolled-out this morning at Barcelona. Sebastien Bourdais was the one getting the honour of taking the car out for its first real test.

Pics in our gallery...more to come
http://www.f1technical.net/gallery/v/To ... 3ad0abd0fa

f1italia

Re: STR3 rolls-out at Barcelona

I also see they went with the new Sharkfin design. This new design still has not shown any advantage over the traditional style.

meves
meves

We could really do with a BAR555 comparison between the STR and the RBR and then play spot the difference! :D

modbaraban
modbaraban

meves wrote:We could really do with a BAR555 comparison between the STR and the RBR and then play spot the difference! :D
There's none, apart from the newest bargeboard-podvane element that appeared on the RB4 just this week. Oh, and the STR don't use RBR's boomerang mirrors :lol:

zac510
zac510

f1italia wrote:I also see they went with the new Sharkfin design. This new design still has not shown any advantage over the traditional style.
How can you tell?
No good turn goes unpunished.

megz

He's a Ferrari aerodynamist. The same one that leaked the data and pictures of the nosecone hole front wing.

Giblet
Giblet

One obvious advantage is sponsor space. If the effects are negliable, it could provide teams some extra income.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute