Site update: added forum

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
Steven
Owner

Site update: added forum

Hi all,

some updates on f1technical have just gone live, all attempting to ease your life around here.

First of all, I have added a forum "Automotive news and technology", a place to post all questions about your own cars, general vehicle technology problems or possibly general consumer vehicle news.
All current topics are moved from other threads, but feel free to start the first authentic one in that forum! ;)

Furthermore, the "background" changes include:
- Reduced the amount of images to load to display a page.
- Reduced the KB transferred when viewing a page.
- Removed displaying the mods for each forum on the forum index page. If you wish to see who moderates a specific forum, open the topics list for that forum and see at the top of the page.

The latter changes should all provide faster loading times for the pages.

Best regards,
Steven

Steven
Owner

Re: Site update: added forum

Some more:

- Added championship standings on site index page
- A few bugfixes

flynfrog

great work.

what about an upload area for member picture we take at the races.

Belatti
Belatti

Good one Tomba!
If you want, I can search for old threads that may be moved there and send you the links or titles.
Maybe I´m one of the biggest "engine topics" nerds arround here :lol:
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

Steven
Owner

Belatti wrote:Good one Tomba!
If you want, I can search for old threads that may be moved there and send you the links or titles.
Maybe I´m one of the biggest "engine topics" nerds arround here :lol:
hehe

well, you don't have to spend too much time on it, but if you happen to pass by one, let me know, either by PM or maybe even by reporting the thread.

Thanks Belatti ;)
flynfrog wrote:great work.

what about an upload area for member picture we take at the races.
For now, if you have pics, either upload them somewhere and post a link on the forum (and send me a PM if we are allowed to use your pics on f1technical), or just mail your pics to me and we can work something out.
At the moment I just can't allow public galleries due to bandwith restrictions. Sorry for that :|

modbaraban
modbaraban

I wasn't around as often as I'd like lately. And it's such nice surprise to see these changes. Great job Tomba! The forum pages do load faster now! And the added forum was quite an obvious thing to do, as half of the 'off-topic chat' threads were car related.

Thank you.