You Have 5 Hours

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
KeithYoung

You Have 5 Hours

Take a look at this, nothing to even say about it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... egory=2876

Scuderia_Russ

She's a thing of beauty! It's a good job that new credit card hasn't come through yet.I've been looking for the right piece of carbon fibre to stick on my wall for a while now.Nearly blew a fortune on a Jag engine cover just before crimbo but went for a framed,signed pic of Mansell exciting the tunnel at Monaco in the FW14B-sparks flying,looks great! Well spotted mate!
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

SKRAT
SKRAT

1.5k for a piece of a TF-103? Not sure of it's value since Toyota always seem have a problem with aero? (hehe) I forgot what magazine I read this in, but it said Ferrari will <sell> you a slightly-used but fully functional F1 racer for a few million (they of course will have an exclusive service contract). Since Wright's 2000 Ferrari book is out now (duly added to my wish list), I figure you could get a working F1-2000 or with enough cash!

Gotta agree with Russ though, well spotted. Wonder what else will show up?
-Paul C

Scuderia_Russ

An F-2000 ready to roll would be a treat,i think a whip round is in order! I saw Wright's 'F1-2000 under the skin of a winner' yesterday up for £70/E103.60 which is a bit steep for a book...errr in my book.I don't think an F1 car has been scrutinised as much as this one,and with Brawn/Todt/Byrne assistance too so it might be worth shelling out on.He knows what he's on about his Formula 1 Technology book was good even if it was published in the American version of the English language :roll:
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

West
West

$2000 is a bargain, considering Ferrari store and others sell stuff like that at like 1/4 or 1/2 scale for the same price, or higher.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

West
West

SKRAT wrote:1.5k for a piece of a TF-103? Not sure of it's value since Toyota always seem have a problem with aero? (hehe) I forgot what magazine I read this in, but it said Ferrari will <sell> you a slightly-used but fully functional F1 racer for a few million (they of course will have an exclusive service contract). Since Wright's 2000 Ferrari book is out now (duly added to my wish list), I figure you could get a working F1-2000 or with enough cash!

Gotta agree with Russ though, well spotted. Wonder what else will show up?
-Paul C
I heard its around 16 million dollars (I think through Robb Report, but somewhere around there)
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

KeithYoung

toyota struggles with aero compared to what my friend? still grade A material. I emailed the seller and he said it weighed 8-9 KG. If anyone is interested in buying this tell me, i dont think it sold on ebay but he still is looking to get rid of it. i think itd be cool to just get a rear wing endplate, a whole front wing with nosecone is incredible.

peterh
peterh

http://www2.odn.ne.jp/bblink/spcarlist.htm -> 1988 Lotus Honda. a bit old but it's the whole thing (could it be a replica?)
i don't know about the price though.

SKRAT
SKRAT

You're right Keith, it's probably worth the ask price alone in design, CF, and building it. A nice piece of memorabilia, even for a Toyota 'tuner' fan.

I figure you could get as much technical info from something like Wright's book. I hope there's another one in the works for 2007 to cover 2000-2003.
-Paul C

Reca
Reca

That part of the Toyota doesn’t look like a part from the Tf103, (the little red piece covering the intersection with the upper wishbone wasn’t present on the Tf103 nosecone, the Tf103 wing never had straight endplates, not even at the launch and there are also a few other details that make me sceptical), to me it looks like a part from a Tf102, maybe from a show car used during the 2003 season, but I could be wrong, wouldn’t be the first time.

About old Ferrari. You could theoretically buy a, ready to race, Ferrari F1 (at least 2.5 years old), but you have to be a “very important owner”, meaning a collector/long-standing owner or... Michael Schumacher..., conditions are even more strict that the criteria followed in choosing the Enzo’s owners, they are about 70 for about 170 cars (since 1970). They obviously can’t use them for profit and Ferrari department “F1 Clienti”, is the only responsible of the work on the historical F1 cars. Ex-F1 mechanics works every day on the old cars, they take care of the ordinary maintenance or preparation for Events and also are ready to rebuild any part if required (pre 1993 unused spare parts were destroyed at the end of season... that was Ferrari those days...)
At the end the cost... Indicatively between 500k and 1.5 Million €, mainly depending on the driver and the number of races the chassis won (an Alesi’s F93 should be cheap...), anyway in case of a “particular” chassis the cost could rise, it’s basically an auction sale between the collectors. AFAIK most of the cars from the last two seasons are already booked.