Dixon to Williams in 2005?

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
andre
andre

Dixon to Williams in 2005?

Check this article from Autosport:

IRL champ to get dream opportunity

Dixon has starred in the IRL with Ganassi Racing

Indy Racing League champion Scott Dixon will get his first run with the Williams Formula 1 team during a test in France next week as it looks ahead to its potential 2005 driver line-up.

The 23-year-old Kiwi will test for Frank Williams' team next week at Paul Ricard in France. A full-blown test will follow in April.

With Juan Pablo Montoya heading for McLaren in 2005 and team-mate Ralf Schumacher's contract talks having stalled, Williams is looking at the possibility of replacing both its drivers next year, and has previously looked to America to recruit the likes of Alex Zanardi and Juan Pablo Montoya. Dixon drives for Chip Ganassi Racing, for whom Zanardi and Montoya both won Champ Car titles.

Dixon, who became the youngest driver to ever win a CART race in 2001 at Nazareth, captured the IRL title last season in his first attempt at the all-oval series. The 23-year-old's longterm goal has always been F1, and he had been linked to Toyota, whose engines he has used since 2001.

Wath do you guys think about this?

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

To say the truth....I really don't think it's going to happen....a test is possible.....a drive....don't really believe it.....but I've been wrong.

Irvingthien
Irvingthien

It's a big possibility, Dixon wants to drive in F1, his mom says his already go it, Frank Williams did sign JP Montoya from Chp Ganassi racing.

The rumors have been circulating here in the U.S. for, well.. for probably 6 months about Dixon going to F1, so the test is no surprise. Whether he drives will be a different story, probably depends on the results of the test and how many spots are open.

I would think if there is only one spot open at Williams, that Webber or Button would definitely be more likely candidates than Dixon.

West
West

Nobody talks about RSchumacher to Toyota...
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

Hello everybody 8)

My opinion is that Ralph is going to Toyota in 2005, and if that hapenns Williams will lost two of the best pilots in f1.Substitutes for them?
Probably Webber and Dixon(depending on test times).
Frank Williams should change is attitude about pilots...

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

Well....2 new drivers.....could this mean that Gene is going to become a nº2 driver....beside Webber?.......it happened to Damon in 1993.....coulthard in 1994/95.....but only damon was caused by contract situations.........

But in any case.....I should give Frank a call.....I don't mind to drive the Williams....I'll even drive for them for free..... :lol: :lol: :P

andre
andre

I woul pay even to drive a Minardi... I wouldn' t be the only one(look at Bruni...)

Scuderia-Russ
Scuderia-Russ

If i was Frank i'd go for Sebastien Bourdais and Mark Webber.IMO Ralph is overrated and really not that good! He's inconsistent and not amazing when he is supposedly on top form.As for Webber,every series he's driven in he has had a poor car which has meant he's had to drive the wheels off it and reach an optimum set up very quickly to get the best from his crap ride! c'mon Frank you know it makes sense!!

oz_ferrari
oz_ferrari

My money is on Scott Dixon and Nico Rosberg to be driving next years Williams. I can't see Frank Williams paying Jaguar to break Webbers contract. (or BAR for Jenson, for that matter). Both these guys would be cheap, and I think could be an interesting combination.
Incidentally, while we are on about drivers why will no one give Valentino Rossi a test driver... The man is amazing on a bike, perhaps Frank should give him a test for the 2005 jobs, I bet he could win the championship in a top drive...

Scuderia_Russ

I'm not convinced he's another Surtees,has anyone seen him in a car yet?
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

oz_ferrari
oz_ferrari

How much more proof do you need, this guy can seriously race, he is so good in moto gp, and he is still fun to watch, Schumi should take note!!!!! Winning can be fun too