3? place penalty ?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
nae
nae

3? place penalty ?

another clear and easy to understand decision from the stewards
..?

woohoo
woohoo

Re: 3? place penalty ?

What are you talking about ?
The only way to close a stupid question is to give a smart answer

Rodzilla
Rodzilla

nick heidfeld apparently is to be docked 3 places on the grid

and a fine for rubens barrichello

coreybaxter
coreybaxter

Rodzilla
Rodzilla

i dont know how they come to a decision to take away only 3 places

the penalty was probably just them taking away his fastest q3 time

coreybaxter
coreybaxter

Rodzilla wrote:
i dont know how they come to a decision to take away only 3 places

the penalty was probably just them taking away his fastest q3 time

Who knows what the FIA is thinking...I dont even think they know whats in their own minds.

myurr
myurr

Professional sport run by a bunch of useless amateurs. Ridiculous decision regarding Heidfeld. No idea on the Rubens incident, didn't see what that one was about so have no opinion yet.

How much longer can the farce at the FIA continue? Ok, don't answer that it's too depressing.

myurr
myurr

coreybaxter wrote: Who knows what the FIA is thinking...I dont even think they know whats in their own minds.
I think they just roll a dice against each driver (except the Ferrari's naturally ;)) and if it comes up 6 they give a random penalty. Actually I take that back - it would be far too consistent.

GianlucaZ19
GianlucaZ19

was it even Nick's fault?? to me he was just doing a completely normal pit entry, i bet he didn't even know he was "blocking" rubens.

it seems to me more of a track design fault. whenever someone is diving into the pit and has a car behind him doing a flying lap he'll unavoidably "block" the guy.

i would say wrong place at a wrong time, for both Nick and Rubens.

as for the THREE place drop, yes i think it's "weird" too :roll: . typical FIA inconsistency.

repaf1

Even Martin Brundle commented that it was in no way the fault of Heidfeld for getting in Rubens way! The Pit Lane entrance is on the inside of the last two corners, and if he drives over the line he is fined just as Barrichello was.

The Stewards are complete idiots for not realizing the Pit IN and EXIT lanes blend too quickly into the racing line.

axle
axle

The stewards clearly have no comprehension of what you can see out of an F1 car...

I give up, the FIA are so f**king thick.
- Axle

boci
boci

Good to see BMW get docked only 3 spots when Mclaren always seem to lose 5 when they "block" someone

timbo
timbo

repaf1 wrote:Even Martin Brundle commented that it was in no way the fault of Heidfeld for getting in Rubens way! The Pit Lane entrance is on the inside of the last two corners, and if he drives over the line he is fined just as Barrichello was.

The Stewards are complete idiots for not realizing the Pit IN and EXIT lanes blend too quickly into the racing line.
Yes, Heidfeld probably didn't see Rubens. Yes, pit-entry is placed bad. But if he bloked, he bloked. Plain and simple.
If you are standing on empty cross-roads and you pretty sure there's nobody around, would you drive on the red light? And if you get caught, would you call road-police unfair?

myurr
myurr

timbo wrote: Yes, Heidfeld probably didn't see Rubens. Yes, pit-entry is placed bad. But if he bloked, he bloked. Plain and simple.
If you are standing on empty cross-roads and you pretty sure there's nobody around, would you drive on the red light? And if you get caught, would you call road-police unfair?
Suppose at least you're consistent in your support of the FIA.

However your analogy is a bit odd as it would involve willful breaking of the rules. A closer analogy would be if they put put a speed limit sign saying 40mph, but secretly changed the limit to 30mph without telling anyone and then tried to prosecute people for doing 40 in a 30 limit.

Just what should Heidfeld have done in this instance? Stopped before he got to the pit lane and waited until he was sure that no other drivers were on track?

He may have technically been in breech of the rules, but there was no way he could have avoided being so which basically makes a mockery of the rules that govern the sport. And the inconsistency of punishment is beyond a joke.

woohoo
woohoo

Rodzilla wrote:nick heidfeld apparently is to be docked 3 places on the grid

and a fine for rubens barrichello
Ahh now I understand.

Bloddy dumb FIA.
Heidfelt could have either blocked Barichello, OR crashed into the pit wall. #-o
Who invents all this, are they high or something ?
The only way to close a stupid question is to give a smart answer