F1 Safety Cars

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
modbaraban

F1 Safety Cars

I've just found out that the first F1 Safety Cat was an orage Porsche 914 in 1973 Canadian Grand Prix.

I wonder if there's a list of F1 safety cars for all years. I've done some googling and couldn't find much more than that picture :(

(just curious :) )

I'm especially interested about the pre-Merc era. Oh and I also recall there was an Acura SC deployed in Montreal last year when they had to resort to using a reserve SC for some reason.

freedom_honda

Re: F1 Safety Cars

yeah they did used the Acura Civic Si in the Canadian GP last year.

modbaraban

freedom_honda wrote:yeah they did used the Acura Civic Si in the Canadian GP last year.
I thought that was something bigger like TL or something (Accord based, dunno the name).

wogx

We've got new ones! :D

Introducing the new official FIA Safety Car and Medical Car for the 2022 F1 season! ❤️🤩
Loving the Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series and the AMG GT 63 S 4MATIC+ 👊

Do i see a T-cam mounting point on roof?
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.