Brazil GP 2008

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ISLAMATRON

Re: Brazil GP 2008

the redbulls dont have much sponsorship on thm anyway... I've only seen Redbull(which is still on the car), 7-11 & metro

freedom_honda

anyone know what they are spraying?
http://images.gpupdate.net/large/114542.jpg

Conceptual
Conceptual

freedom_honda wrote:anyone know what they are spraying?
That looks an aweful lot like the silicone spray that some of the guys on my highschool football team used. Spray that stuff on already slick jersey/pants, and you are almost impossible to tackle...

And people wonder why my highschool record was 44-1 over three years... lol

In 1995, a team beat us at the buzzer with a 63 yard field goal... IN HIGH SCHOOL!

Anyways, maybe just some clearcoat to keep the decals from peeling?

I would like to know as well!

Ray

freedom_honda wrote:anyone know what they are spraying?
I'd say it was something to stop rubber from sticking, screwing up the aero. Rubber pieces off the tires could screw with the downforce I'd imagine. Steve Matchett was commenting during one practice session about how Bourdais' crew was cleaning the car after it came to the pits every time.

I hope there isn't rain. I don't like the slow getaways of the cars and the tiptoeing they do. I want to see a good clean, rain free race between the title fighters. As much as I'm not a fan of Hamilton I sure hope he just cruises to his title and doesn't screw himself. If he takes risks and takes himself out, or gets into a spot that causes him to retire it would be a mighty shame to throw away an outstanding season. I'm actually crossing my fingers McLaren don't have a engine failure or a clutch problem like in Fuji. I want a straight title fight.

Beemer4
Beemer4

Heavy rain [-o<
and also for Hamilton to retire and massa wins. 8)
Red Bull gives you wings

bar555
bar555

Future is like walking into past......

Blog : http://formula1techandart.wordpress.com/
Twitter :http://twitter.com/bar555onF1

Belatti
Belatti

Beemer4 wrote:Heavy rain [-o<
Are you serious?
:lol:

It will rain and I love it :D
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

monkeyboy1976
monkeyboy1976

Friday practice 1 live - http://pt.justin.tv/natrave1

Looks nice and dry (well was anyway)
Last edited by monkeyboy1976 on 31 Oct 2008, 18:27, edited 1 time in total.

Ciro Pabón

Belatti wrote:
Beemer4 wrote:Heavy rain [-o<
Are you serious?
:lol:

It will rain and I love it :D
It sounds like "Go, McCain!" :D

Anyway, Holy Mother of the Perpetual Help, please, we implore you, hear the begging of your son, Beemer: make Hamilton to crash, we pray on our knees (and we're atheists, Holy Mother! :D). We specially ask from you, Saint Virgin, that if you make Hamilton crash in the first curve, please, please, do not, I repeat, do not allow Massa to crash in the last lap. That would be cruel.
Ciro

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Love the drama ... amazing how the last race of the season is so exciting. And now, with the good odds of rain, I fall back on one of my favorite sayings.. "this is racing, where anything can and does happen"

As a side note, I give credit to Tomba and Principessa for getting the news out so quickly. Great job, guys. You beat most of the big sites on today's practice results.

No matter how this turns out, I'll fell sympathy for whoever finishes second in the WDC. Both Hamilton and Massa drove excellent this season, and gave us fans a lot to be excited about. You cannot have a great championship winner without great opponents. Coming second sucks, but in my heart, I respect them all, winners and great competitors.
Racing should be decided on the track, not the court room.

Belatti
Belatti

DaveKillens wrote: Both Hamilton and Massa drove excellent this season, and gave us fans a lot to be excited about. You cannot have a great championship winner without great opponents. Coming second sucks, but in my heart, I respect them all, winners and great competitors.
I will have to disagree with whats underlined. Maybe excellent in some races, Hamilton in Monaco, Germany and Silverstone above all. I have the feeling the winner in this championship will not be the best, but the "less worse".

Ciro Pabón wrote: It sounds like "Go, McCain!" :D
:-s
What does exactly sounds like that?
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

monkeyboy1976
monkeyboy1976

http://www.calcion.altervista.org/

practice 2 - better quality feed and track is dry

Conceptual
Conceptual

PLEASE LET IT RAIN!

These cars without TC in the rain are the ultimate test of driver skill and mental control.

I love it! No matter how they finish, it will be great!

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Belatti wrote:I will have to disagree with whats underlined. Maybe excellent in some races, Hamilton in Monaco, Germany and Silverstone above all. I have the feeling the winner in this championship will not be the best, but the "less worse".
I understand, but then, I'm trying to put a positive spin on the entire season. I look back, and try to ignore all the negative crap that has occured, and instead gaze with rose-colored glasses at all the great things we as fans have witnessed.
But you have to admit, it sure was (is) entertaining.
And yes, maybe the "less worse" driver will win the whole shebang on Sunday. Hamilton has to give both Ferraris and Alonso lots of room.... lots and lots of room.
Racing should be decided on the track, not the court room.

flynfrog

We had a track coach tell us that its not the best team that wins its the team that sucks the least. :D