Brazil GP 2008

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Re: Brazil GP 2008

One things for shure, that Red Bull of DC will be the most striking on the track this week end!!!

Altho, its gonna be a nightmare trying to tell it appart from a Honda or BMW Sauber on TV.

And i do have hunch about the Ferarris, could they have gone back to the F2007 with some updates (Slotted nose, gearbox, shark fin and some other minor updates) and pu the SECU in it to make shure that they arnt as far back as the F2008 looked at China over the McLarens.

I think wolf in sheeps clothing sort of thing, ive just looked at some pics and times, and it looks that way to me. I will probably be wrong tho.

Saribro
Saribro

ESPImperium wrote:And i do have hunch about the Ferarris, could they have gone back to the F2007
Please seek professional help.

PlatinumZealot

RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN.. Please RAIN.. wash the fleas and ticks of the back of The Great ONE!!

I'll be rain dancing from now till Sunday!!
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

majicmeow
majicmeow

ESPImperium wrote:One things for shure, that Red Bull of DC will be the most striking on the track this week end!!!.
I agree! The special livery is actually quite stunning! I think FIF1 could take a lesson from RBR on that livery!

Simple, elegant and very obvious... I love it!

The FOZ
The FOZ

n smikle wrote:wash the fleas and ticks of the back of The Great ONE!!
Schumacher? Senna? Villeneuve? Hill?

What the hell are you talking about, man?

PlatinumZealot

LOL, The Great one will win on Sunday.. All of the blood suckers will be leave him be afterwards.. :lol: then he will be even stronger for 2009!
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

jon-mullen

n smikle wrote:RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN.. Please RAIN.. wash the fleas and ticks of the back of The Great ONE!!

I'll be rain dancing from now till Sunday!!
I'll grant that Massa is usually...less than stellar in the rain, but it's hard to forget Hamilton's off-track excursion in China last year in the wet. And the spin at Spa this year that let the Ferraris catch him. This should be a great race and, as always, I pray for anything that shakes it up. Maybe with the exception of the safety car. I wouldn't mind seeing Hamilton get pushed over the curb, losing some electronics and having clutch problems back him up to 17th. But then again Heikki would never race him as hard as Alonso did, even if he was in championship contention.

Do you guys think Hamilton will be extra light in Q3 just to make sure he's out front?
Loud idiot in red since 2010
United States Grand Prix Club, because there's more to racing than NASCAR

Scuderia_Russ

jon-mullen wrote:
I'll grant that Massa is usually...less than stellar in the rain, but it's hard to forget Hamilton's off-track excursion in China last year in the wet.
Hamilton didn't go off through lack of talent it was because his tyres were down to the canvas. Why does everyone seem to forget this when talking about him just 'going off' in China that day? His tyres were completely shot.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

axle
axle

The weekends aggregate times make interesting reading.

KR is in 11th :shock:

1.Alonso
2.Lewis
3.Heikki
4.Massa

All covered by .2 of a second.

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_ ... t_id=36455
- Axle

axle
axle

axle wrote:The weekends aggregate times make interesting reading.

KR is in 11th :shock:

1.Alonso
2.Lewis
3.Heikki
4.Massa

All covered by .2 of a second.

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_ ... t_id=36455
I'd p1ss myself if this is all a non event because the Ferrari's start on the 3rd row...
- Axle

meves
meves

Interesting that Renault is top. They have made great leaps and bounds and has anyone seen what http://www.grandprix.com/race/r803p3report.html are on about with the renault flexing wing?

I hope it's raining and that the best guy comes out on top. My money would have to be on Kimi and Hamilton to be out front if that happens. I still remember Massa at Silverstone!

Miguel
Miguel

What can I say? It was an incredibly tight qualifying, and if Massa's odds are still 5:1 in some sites, they seem like a decent option right now. I really expected McLaren to qualify on a light fuel load, as seems the case with Ferrari and Trulli, but it's likely that McLaren are playing the weather card.

Some predictions still place rain probability at 80% for tomorrow, and the spanish comentator said twice that the FIA forecast was 60% probability of rain during the race. With the intermediate sector being slow and with the fast Curva do Sol ending in the backstraight, teams with a high-wing set up could enjoy a top-speed advantage in case messy weather arrives. On the other hand, heavy fuel will allow midgrid teams to have a more flexible strategy.

But I think that if it rains tomorrow during the start, Hamilton will be in an awful spot in the grid. He still has Heikki as shield, but any fast starter could mean danger, plus not being on pole is a huge disadvantage with bad weather. But so is being able to spin like Nureyev ;). Arghh, I shouldn't have cut my nails toda!!!
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

Project Four
Project Four

meves wrote:
Interesting that Renault is top. They have made great leaps and bounds and has anyone seen what http://www.grandprix.com/race/r803p3report.html are on about with the renault flexing wing?
Just found a very short clip on youtube that does show the Renault wing moving. The upper plane does seem to move towards lower plane as the car goes over the bump. Now this maybe well be an optic illusion as the wing would have past all the Bridge of Doom checks,

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OlC-7L8L2TE

Tom Castellani

http://www.itv-f1.com/photo.aspx?IM_ID=51062&PG_ID=22

... What the hell is that supposed to mean? Unless this is some weird technicality I don't get, ITV better fire their researchers. I'll be looking forward to '09 and a lack of adverts with the BBC.

EDIT: Doh, they should be clearer. The Championship, of course D:
Last edited by Tom Castellani on 02 Nov 2008, 12:20, edited 2 times in total.
The road to success is 20,832 meters long...

Metar

Also remember that the McLarens appear to be biased more towards a lower-downforce setup - their topspeeds were consistently a couple of km/h faster than anyone else. Might mean trouble if it rains..