Server problems

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
WhiteBlue

Re: Server problems

Today the server speed has completely gone to hell again. Its taking half a minute to update a page. Heeeeeeeeeeelp!
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

vyselegend

Since those overload days are predictable (launches / first test day / title decinding race...), would it be possible to switch to a "lighter version" of F1T on these occasion ?(no pics on the home page, maybe simplified layout, two colors).

Idealy the hosting server would switch automatically to the "light version" if traffic surpasses a given amount...

It implies the work of creating another F1T homepage, but since it would be a very simple one it shouldn't need so much time?...

Don't shoot me if I talked BS, I'm not used to webmastering. Just my 2 cents. :wink:

Steven
Owner

WhiteBlue wrote:Today the server speed has completely gone to hell again. Its taking half a minute to update a page. Heeeeeeeeeeelp!
I know... today's pageviews expected to be 25% more than best day ever for F1T (which was yesterday).

Working on it. At least we haven't gone down like at 3 launches last year :idea:

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

According to your statistics link at the bottom of the page on the home page, its gonna be close to 125,000 hits for the day.

The site is slow, but so are most F1 sites currently, arround 25% slower at minimum. GPUpdate is loosing pages when i view it,

But i remember the site going down last year, regularly.

Steven
Owner

The repetitive 500 errors under high server load should be solved now.
We have disabled the server module that was causing the problems.