please ! I need your halp !

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
madrid9999
madrid9999

please ! I need your halp !

hi

1- Image
what's that in the picture ?
what is it's work ?
why does FIA FORBID it ?
I need a short decripiton of it

2- who's the designer of Williams Chassis in 1996 ?

3-what's the name of the first team in the formula 1
that have been ESTABLISHED by a formula 1 driver ?

thanks for your help
and please answer me soon

wesley123
wesley123

Re: please ! I need your halp !

That on the nose are 'twin towers', those were used by BMW Sauber in the france gp, their goal was similair to the small wings on the nose of the Renault, but i dont think so.
Their goal are probably guiding the airflow to the back of the car and reducing the sensitivity of the car in turning(f1 cars lose alot of downforce under yaw)
They were forbidden by the fia for the same reason of the wings of the arrows, they were in sight of the driver so the driver has 'a loss in view'. This reason seems to be bullshit as nor arrows nor bmw sauber drivers had complained about restricted view.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

pjobmathew

FW18 's chassis was designed by Adrian Newey .

Check this page out ----> http://www.chicanef1.com/indiv.pl?name=Williams&type=A

Here you'll find all the info u need to know about Williams for the rest of your life. :wink:

Which car is dat ??????

Saribro
Saribro

BMW F1.07 at Magny-Cours, I believe.

ernos5

basically the device was used to direct the airflow of the rear of the car more efficiently.

It was outlawed because it reduced driver viability apparently.

Belatti
Belatti

No era necesario crear 3 temas iguales con las mismas preguntas.
Y ayuda se escribe help y no halp.
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

tweet
tweet

good idea to post the same question in 2 different areas.....

madrid9999
madrid9999

thank you guys !
I've got the answer of the first question
can I have the others ?

Miguel
Miguel

You've been answered two of them (the second question was answered in the second post), and the answer to the third question is probably Brabham, unless some Indy driver competed with his own chassis in the Indy 500 between 1950 and 1965.
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

flynfrog

so where is the link to the contest you are using us to win. I think we should all get our fair shot at it.

Ciro Pabón

Madrid9999, read the guidelines you haven't read, specially the part about "Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting. Users consistently posting to the wrong forum may be given a warning". Thanks in advance.
Ciro

donskar
donskar

Ciro Pabón wrote:Madrid9999, read the guidelines you haven't read, specially the part about "Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting. Users consistently posting to the wrong forum may be given a warning". Thanks in advance.
Hear, hear! =D>

Being phoned multiple times each day by people who want me to read our web site to them #-o , I have little patience with people who have not worked out the intricacies of Google.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill