2009 car thread stickies?

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.

Should the 2009 car threads be stickies?

Yes, in the General forum
21%
No, it's ok now
No votes
A subforum for the car threads
79%

Total votes: 14

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

2009 car thread stickies?

I'm here to share an idea for the forum.

The idea is this; That all 2009 car threads be made stickies in the 'Formula One - General Chat' board.

The reason for that is for easier access to them, nothing more really. And since we all know that they are in the 'General Chat' board, we should no longer have to dig through a few pages to find the thread for "Team X 2009 car". In addition to that it is so that we could continue discussing a car as the season progresses, without having multiple threads for 'Team X 2009 car'.

I am hoping that this will solve many problems where new members, and some that unfortunately are not new, create new threads about a certain car because they have not found the appropiate original thread.

Maybe this is overkill, but at least one other member so far has agreed that it would be a good idea.

I am asking for your feedback and support, since I would definately like for this to be implemented. And if more people support it than are against it, hopefully the administration will take it seriously.

Thank you.
Last edited by mx_tifoso on 21 Mar 2009, 02:54, edited 1 time in total.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

rjsa
rjsa

Re: 2009 car thread stickies?

What about a locked forum with the 10 car threads only?

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

rjsa wrote:What about a locked forum with the 10 car threads only?
That idea actually sounds the best idea.

Also include the test threads in this forum as well, and only add new tests to it as and when is needed. Have the cars in Constructors Champoinchip order so, Ferarri first, McLaren second and BMW Sauber thirs etc... With the test threads being below the Force India thread.

Keeps the other forums freed up and less cluttered.

modbaraban
modbaraban

rjsa wrote:What about a locked forum with the 10 car threads only?
Definitely. A subforum inside General Chat. Although not just 10 but all car threads of previopus seasons too. Maybe bar555's photo comparison/development threads too.

vyselegend

At least the original idea is very easy to do and requires nearly no work at all, so let's stick those threads (current year cars only I'd say).

Then for the next big update of F1T, we could switch to the subforum idea and include all cars threads from all eras in that new dedicated subforum. I'm not sure about bar555's comparisons threads, because they belong to the Aero forum more than General chat, so I wouldn't include them, but rather make another subforum, in "aero,chassis & tyre" for those...

Steven
Owner

Creating a subforum is not too much work, so it's possible. I have changed the poll so please re-vote if you already did. There were however only 6 votes so far, so please everyone let's hear your voice!

Personally I'm still a bit undecided as I think the long car threads sometimes make it very hard to find something later on. On the other hand, what do we do with bar555's threads which essentially discuss a particular car but are more at home in the aerodynamics forum.

Ideas?

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

I say for generalised views on the cars, create a sub forum, but for bar555s aero thereds, id keep them where they are ad they discuss a specific are of the car.

Who wants to find out about KERS when wanting to find out about Pull Rod rear suspension (relating to the RB5/STR4 thread). That would be my argument.

vyselegend

ok, so I voted again, sticking to my opinion that a sticky of current year cars would be enough to allow everyone to find them quickly, in the General chat forum.

But if a subforum is really so easy to do, then it could be great to move all the car's specific thread in one subforum when their year is finished. (still letting the current year contenders as sticky in the general chat forum, where anyone would naturally shearch for them).

It would be a good idea also to include a link pointing to the car thread in that car's page on the "all cars ever" section. So that someone looking for a car in the database would be easily redirected to that car's thread where he can read and join the discussion...

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Many thanks to the admin for adding the two subforums in the general chat board =D> . I would also like to thank everyone who gave feedback and voiced their opinions. :wink:

They're improved versions of what I proposed, with the final result being significantly better might I humbly add.

I seriously hope that it solves the problems created by people not finding the appropriate thread for cars and races.

The new forums are:
- Formula One races, to group discussion topics related to a specific
grand prix. This is the place to be at race weekends.

- Formula One cars, a forum where each car has its thread.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Callum

=D>