Would Eddie Jordan please be quiet?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
majicmeow
majicmeow

Would Eddie Jordan please be quiet?

Wow, is EJ annoying... DC actually seems to have insightful commentary with a relativly unbiased opinion where Eddie seems to be a Schumacher lover.

I really hope the BBC cans him...

Just my 2¢

roost89
roost89

Re: Would Eddie Jordan please be quiet?

I'm with you on the dislike of EJ. He doesn't provide anything to the commentary or in the post-race chat. I'd like to see him changed to Anthony Davidson.
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

First impressions of the BBC coverage is this:

Jake Humphries: Miles better than Steve Ryder, solid and refreshing anchor.
David Coultard: Insightful, unbiased, tells it as it is, better than MB on ITV.
Eddie Jordan: Should close his mouth more, has too much to say, DC dosnt get a chance. Has some good moments tho, but if he was to say less, there would be more.
Jonathan Legard: James Who... Lot more easier on the ear and less Lewis biased.
Martin Brundell: Same as before on ITV, no change.
Ted Cravits: Same as before, altho more impartial now, was he following the ITV Lewis Show last year???
Lee McKenzie: So far, pretty good, seems to me that the driverd actually look forward to talk to her.

BBC Production is top class, and no ad brakes is a massive boost, you dont miss a thing, as im shure ITV would have missed something, probably the Kubica/Vettel incedent as they usally had a ad break at about 5 laps to go.

kilcoo316
kilcoo316

Disagree totally.

Jordan is asking the questions DC doesn't have the balls to.

Callum

Jonathan Legard kindof annoys me, i cant quote anything but he said some pretty obvious stuff but i'l give him the benifit of thr doubt for the first race.

On the other hand i think brundle is great!

astracrazy
astracrazy

At first i didnt think EJ would be to bad, but yesturday he annoyed me and today just pissed me off.

I wouldnt like anthony davidson though, i listened to him on radio 5 for the practise sessions and he werent that good (in my opinion).

Bit disappointed with the opening credits though - was expecting more. Ive seen some better ideas on you tube

Spencifer_Murphy

I also think EJ has a lot to say, but that's what he;s there for. And what exactly is the point in a discussion if the panel agree on everything?! Damn right EJ has an opinon and he says what he thinks, its good to see. I don't often agree with him but at least we get two points of view.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

RacingManiac
RacingManiac

I thought Anthony Davidson was pretty bad, I heard him during the practice and he has too much "opinion" than real insight or anything to share.

natef1
natef1

RacingManiac wrote:I thought Anthony Davidson was pretty bad, I heard him during the practice and he has too much "opinion" than real insight or anything to share.
How long did you listen to him for? I thought he was brilliant. Better than Brundle, who seemed really annoyed at Legard (I would be too). Much more up to date, too.

I guess that's the real advantage of the BBC's red button, if you don't like Legard, you can switch to Croft, like I did, and if you want no commentary, you can watch the onboards.

Each to their own, but so far for me, the combination of Croft + Davidson is the best we've got.

On the rest of the team - Humphreys, does a very solid job - more energetic than Steve Ryder, perhaps less identifiable than Jim Rosenthal. Coulthard - Far better than expected, has a good balance of opinion and analysis. Jordan - Mixed, it's nice to have an opinion that isn't the same as the rest, but he's Eddie Jordan, of course he'll overstep the mark sometimes.

Ted Kravitz and Lee McKenzie are very good at what they do - Kravitz, in particular, is an absolute pro and we could really do with more of him I feel. He has a very particular way of putting together those reports before races which nobody else, in my experience, has been able to match.

Legard - Really couldn't stand him. I'm sure he's a nice guy and probably a decent journalist, but I just find his voice and the words he puts out very off-putting. It's like he is telling you what you should be watching.. And he offers no warmth, charisma or connection with the viewer.

blobslosak
blobslosak

Legard never finishes a sentence. He also has a seriously annoying voice and pauses after every 4 or 5 words. If he doesn't improve next race I'm switching over to the 5 live commentary coz that guy is good, very good. Noticed that Brundle is speaing a lot more, and I like that, as he is very insightful - I think he realises Legard is useless.

Sawtooth-spike

Oh by the way did anybody notice the amount of "Dead Air" (where neather of the were talking). Dead air is the Enermy of Djs and presenters!
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

alelanza
alelanza

I didn't get to watch the full race on bbc, had to switch to foxsports latin america (now that's bad!), but i thought he was fine. Sometimes he was maybe too defensive, i mean how come he didn't laugh at himself when the 'confusers' reference was made by that Jake bloke on the race buildup?
Alejandro L.