Hamilton proved his worth?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
astracrazy
astracrazy

Hamilton proved his worth?

I think todays race showed how hamilton is maturing as a driver. There was no silly moves like we have seen before (japan). Like many i have been waiting to see how he is in a crap car, and i think he done well.

I think that if maccas car was as good as bmw's etc then he may of won today with the way he drove, or atleast put on a good show pushing the brawn cars to the limit. I would of liked to see that.

Going to be a good season.

nudger
nudger

Re: Hamilton proved his worth?

i think people are by now pretty entrenched in their views of Lewis.
Sadly, i think he will struggle a good deal more next week, just because of the nature of the circuit... then the bashers will look to that and ignor today.

ISLAMATRON

nudger wrote:i think people are by now pretty entrenched in their views of Lewis.
Sadly, i think he will struggle a good deal more next week, just because of the nature of the circuit... then the bashers will look to that and ignor today.
The other way around... I think the track will much better for the KERS cars.

nudger
nudger

ISLAMATRON wrote:
nudger wrote:i think people are by now pretty entrenched in their views of Lewis.
kers wont make up the difference that the aero loses

JamesS
JamesS

It was a good season opener. When you're at the back of the grid from the start you need luck, something Lewis often doesn't have.

For once penalties were dished out to others.

ISLAMATRON

nudger wrote:
ISLAMATRON wrote:
could be close, those straights are really long... did you see how alonso rocketed away from somebody on the short main straight in Austrailia while on the KERS? Left my Jaw on the floor.

nudger
nudger

ISLAMATRON wrote:[could be close, those straights are really long... did you see how alonso rocketed away from somebody on the short main straight in Austrailia while on the KERS? Left my Jaw on the floor.
perhaps, but dont forget that mclarens aero is REALLY bad

ISLAMATRON

nudger wrote:
ISLAMATRON wrote:[could be close, those straights are really long... did you see how alonso rocketed away from somebody on the short main straight in Austrailia while on the KERS? Left my Jaw on the floor.
perhaps, but dont forget that mclarens aero is REALLY bad
But their driver is REALLY good.

alelanza
alelanza

nudger wrote:
ISLAMATRON wrote:
Yeah I tend to agree with you, and also the more straightforward circuit probably won't see as much attrition.
Alejandro L.

safeaschuck

The boy done good.
The car will come right (we know the engine is good!), I'd rather be there than Renault or Ferrari. I can see a mid season Meltdown for them! 'Not a result worthy of Ferrari' Oh, I'm sorry about that :) There's a saying I heard from some football fan mates:
Form is temporary, Class is permanent. Their Form sucks and that's not a particularly Classy remark. They certainly know how to endear themselves to the non-affiliated.

myurr
myurr

Ferrari will be there or there abouts all season. I just have a sneaky suspicion that they're almost always going to be playing second fiddle to at least one other team this season. But they're going to be in there with a shot at the podium at most tracks.

Jersey Tom
Jersey Tom

Hamilton was definitely driving like hell. He can push consistently without wrecking. Noticed him locking inside fronts a couple times.

We'd have to see how he reacts when fighting for podium slots.
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.

ISLAMATRON

Jersey Tom wrote:Hamilton was definitely driving like hell. He can push consistently without wrecking. Noticed him locking inside fronts a couple times.

We'd have to see how he reacts when fighting for podium slots.
He'll pass under Yellow and get the position/podium like he did last nite...HAHA!
Last edited by ISLAMATRON on 29 Mar 2009, 19:27, edited 1 time in total.

shir0

proved his worth to whom? VMM? Doesn't a 1-point miss in '07 and a definite WDC last year did that already?

of course, if you mean, proved to all his detractors (and I'm one of 'em...but slowly leaning in his favor because of todays race), that's a different matter altogether. :mrgreen:
"Fortunately I've got a bag with dry ice in [my suit], which I put next to my balls, so at least they stay nice and cool!"- Sebastian Vettel, 2009 Malaysian GP Friday Practice.

Ray

Nope. Benefitted from retirements, crashes, safety cars, and a penalty. He still drove a great race, but he didn't blaze through the field like everyone was standing still. He didn't race his way to a podium, he merely finished on the podium.