Passing under the SC

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
gcdugas

Passing under the SC

Any video of the Trulli off track excursion that Lewis is talking about? The very short clip I saw on the last corner by pit entrance couldn't have been the incident because Ham was nowhere to be seen and JT gave up no positions in it. I think Trulli previously left the track to avoid debris like RK's wheels and carbon fiber wings etc. Then Ham passed him because Ham crossed the Start/Finish line well before Trulli did. Then Mac told Lewis to slow massively and JT repassed him which in his mind was taking the position back?

The real question then becomes.... when did the SC orange light come on in the car's onboard dash? Did Ham pass under the SC? If Trulli left the track to avoid debris and Ham passed him under the SC light, then I can see the penalty being overruled successfully. I can also understand Ham passing him if JT was on the grass thinking he was involved in the incident or that JT hit some debris and suffered damage, however if the light was on and Trulli only went off track to avoid debris, Ham must give the position back. Remember Toyota generally roll over for FIA penalties etc. Then have filed an appeal and I don't think they would do this without a solid case and good onboard video. I actually expect them to prevail.
Innovation over refinement is the prefered path to performance. -- Get rid of the dopey regs in F1

astracrazy
astracrazy

Re: Passing under the SC

would they not have looked at on board footage before they gave trulli the penalty? Then asked Hamilton to see what he said in relation to that? Trulli must of had a say too? I don't know how it works.Altho i thort you coudn't appeal drive thrus/stop go's which is what he officially got.

Werent the stewards supposed to relase the reasons of there penalties this year?