Who has KERS?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Touring23
Touring23

Who has KERS?

I found the link for starting race weights here. Is there a posting of whom has KERS installed? Thanks.

JamesS
JamesS

Re: Who has KERS?

Heidfield (BMW)
Hamilton (McLaren)
Kovalenian (McLaren)
Alonso (Renault)
Piquet (Renault)
Massa (Ferrai)
Raikkonen (Ferrai)

Kubica for BMW doesn't use it.

Williams have the fly wheel system, but I believe they havn't used it yet?

DM0407
DM0407

Kubica isn't using it this weekend either? He didn't use it in Australia but I thought the long straights of Malaysia would make it worth its weight [in batteries] as proven by a stronger Ferrari showing and Alonso sneaking into 9th.

donskar
donskar

And the correlation between non-KERs cars and those starting in the first rows is . . .

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

fenix4life
fenix4life

DM0407 wrote:Kubica isn't using it this weekend either? He didn't use it in Australia but I thought the long straights of Malaysia would make it worth its weight [in batteries] as proven by a stronger Ferrari showing and Alonso sneaking into 9th.
From what I've heard is that Kubica is too heavy to place the KERS in his car.

DM0407
DM0407

I just figured that the extra weight of Kubica would be offset by the increased need for straight line speed. Australia didn't have too many areas where KERS would benefit at the expense of

How does he compare to Button? He towers over Vettel and Trulli in the post qually picture.

ISLAMATRON

IT is the nose!

Rob W

DM0407 wrote:I just figured that the extra weight of Kubica would be offset by the increased need for straight line speed.
The weight of KERS wouldn't necessarily affect straight-line speed much as high speed is more a function of basically HP vs car drag - not weight. Where it would seems to affect cars most is in option for balance (weight dist) which would affect braking, cornering etc.