Bahrain GP 2009 - BIC

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
De Jokke

Bahrain GP 2009 - BIC

I predict a dry race with another brawn/rbr battle.
Mcl will move into 3rd place (ranking teams) thanks to the bahrein updates.

Ferrari would bring nothing said domenicali, but I bet they'll put the kers back on for felipe baby. :lol:
Mercedes AMG + Hamilton => dreamteam!
If you can't beat'em, call Masi!

adam2007
adam2007

Bahrain GP 2009

Whos your favourite for the win?

Scotracer
Scotracer

Re: Bahrain GP 2009

Since this one is spelled correctly I'll post here :D

I think the Brawns will have the edge but the Red Bulls right up their arse.
Powertrain Cooling Engineer

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Brawn and Red Bull will be the teams to beat here, Toyota and Rossberg will mix it as well with Alonso and Hamilton on the cusp.

KERS will be key here, with at least 4 good places to use it; Start/Finish straight, Up to turn 4, back straight between 10 & 11 and the straight between 14 and 15.

BUT... Same tyres as China and Australia, so the Options will be totally binned early.

Vasco

Just a quick question...will any of the teams be able to get their KERS charged up for all 4 straights and is there a limit as to how many times KERS can be used in one lap?

myurr
myurr

Vasco wrote:Just a quick question...will any of the teams be able to get their KERS charged up for all 4 straights and is there a limit as to how many times KERS can be used in one lap?
No limit to the number of times they can use it, just a total energy limit per lap. So the teams won't have any problems recharging the system to that limit.

ISLAMATRON

Look for Ferrari to put the KERS back on... at least for Massa... Alonso as well.

Really only 2 high downforce sections... 5-6-7 complex & 11-12-13 complex so pretty low wing angles here... so the diffusers will have even more effect.

Hopefully we get our first straightforward race of the season.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

ISLAMATRON wrote:Look for Ferrari to put the KERS back on... at least for Massa... Alonso as well.

Really only 2 high downforce sections... 5-6-7 complex & 11-12-13 complex so pretty low wing angles here... so the diffusers will have even more effect.

Hopefully we get our first straightforward race of the season.
That wasnt the case last year as Renault for one had a higher downforce package for this track... But that was on a car that wasnt evolved to the season end spec tho.

I recon that we could see speeds in exess of 200mph/321kph here with some cars. Definatly would have been more fun with 19000rpm engines.

Scotracer
Scotracer

In testing Ferrari were peaking at 310km/h at the end of the straight...don't know if that was with KERS mind you.

Also: the 19,000rpm engines would have added around 4km/h to that speed...
Powertrain Cooling Engineer

ISLAMATRON

Check the rear wings from the pics

http://www.formula1.com/gallery/race/2008/789/

Pretty low angle of attack, but it does seem Alonso did run more rear wing than most, That Hamilton tried his best to rip off.

Alonso qualed P10, behind Button in a honda, not a Brawn, so maybe the big rear wing wasnt the best choice for them, huh?

andartop
andartop

Could someone please move this thread where it belongs?
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

Giblet
Giblet

ISLAMATRON wrote:Check the rear wings from the pics

Pretty low angle of attack, but it does seem Alonso did run more rear wing than most, That Hamilton tried his best to rip off.

Alonso qualed P10, behind Button in a honda, not a Brawn, so maybe the big rear wing wasnt the best choice for them, huh?

Yeha Hamilton is "tying" to take out Alonso.

You take every chance you can to stab at Hamilton.

I thin we get the point that you don't like him.

Remember P_O_L?
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

ISLAMATRON

Giblet wrote:
ISLAMATRON wrote:Check the rear wings from the pics

Yeha Hamilton is "tying" to take out Alonso.

You take every chance you can to stab at Hamilton.

I thin we get the point that you don't like him.

Remember P_O_L?

HAHA, thats Hilarious... Hamilton is my favorite driver and the only driver that I have actively rooted for Since Senna.

I make fun of all the drivers and if anything Alonso & Piquet are my favorite targets as of Late.

Try again... it was a joke, dont take this stuff too serious... its all just sport play & make believe...strictly for amusement.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Could be intresting set-up wise, with the likes of BMW Sauber, Toyota and Ferarri having tested here this year.

Id expect a medium-low downforce set up, probably alittle more than last year tho, just to make the back end stick a little.

Id expect that Massa; both Renaults, McLarens and BMW Saubers will run KERS.

BUT, with the same tyres, im expecting a simmilar sort of grid line up to China, with WonderKid, Webbo, Button and Rubhino up at the sharp end of the grid with simmilar fuel loads, Alonso will probably be hevier as he will have his KERS.

ISLAMATRON

What tires are being run?