Schumi comes back

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
WhiteBlue

Re: Schumi comes back

he looks reasonably fit. maybe another 5 kg.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

modbaraban
modbaraban

Giblet wrote:To be blinding fast in a TC car, and then going to a non TC, even for MS, could be a bit of a challenge at first speed-wise.
He did some testing w/o TC in the end of 2007 I think. Plus recently with the F2007.

WhiteBlue

Michael knows cars without TC. He handed most team mates their ass including Martin Brundel in a TC les car.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

siskue2005

Giblet wrote:I know that MS raced without TC in the past, but in a modern car?

Was the TC outlawed on 2007, right after he retired?

To be blinding fast in a TC car, and then going to a non TC, even for MS, could be a bit of a challenge at first speed-wise.
he had not driven TC cars until 2001 when it was made legal
till then has plenty and plenty of experience without TC
the gap between him and the next best driver became closer as soon as the TC was introduced....look how close RB got to MS in 2001, 2002 compared to 2000.
its the throttle control for which MS is famous for.

Massa had never driven an F1 Car without TC until 2008

Richard
Richard

Giblet wrote:To be blinding fast in a TC car, and then going to a non TC, even for MS, could be a bit of a challenge at first speed-wise.
Not a problem, they could have turned the CT off in that run in the 2007 car last week.

djones
djones

With the volume up at 25 seconds it sounds like a hint of TC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQjw5SGA ... re=related

Maybe not but maybe he was testing with it on the lowest setting just to get back into it.

ISLAMATRON

siskue2005 wrote:

To be blinding fast in a TC car, and then going to a non TC, even for MS, could be a bit of a challenge at first speed-wise.
the gap between him and the next best driver became closer as soon as the TC was introduced....look how close RB got to MS in 2001, 2002 compared to 2000.

Haha... that hilarious... everyone knows about the illegal TC on the Benettons

adam2007
adam2007

ISLAMATRON wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:

it was senna saying benetton was using TC i think he was just annoyed schumacher was beating him start of the season trying to find excuses. schumacher would have beaten him even if he didnt crash.

plus it was never proved that benetton used it so its just speculation

kilcoo316
kilcoo316

DaveKillens wrote:The 1994 Benetton car driven by Michael Schumacher was VERY illegal. It's a shame that such a talented driver was caught up in this, but Benetton cheated all year. Refuelling rigs, traction control, and a lot more. Bloody shame, since Schumacher was the best driver in 1994.

Prove it.

Not one... not one single person... has come out since 1994 and said "yeah, we cheated".

In the world of F1, do you really honestly think that doesn't count for a helluva lot?

In a similar manner to the Soviets congratulating the Americans blows every tinfoil idiot out of the water regarding the moon landings, no-one from within the team saying anything about Schumacher since 1994/1995 says more about what didn't go on that season than anyone slinging random mud with little evidence.

SZ
SZ

kilcoo316 wrote: Not one... not one single person... has come out since 1994 and said "yeah, we cheated".
And until they're all long retired from the sport, and the legacies of those involved are no longer worth protecting, no one ever will.
kilcoo316 wrote: In the world of F1, do you really honestly think that doesn't count for a helluva lot?
You're not quite in the world of F1 if you're still believing in honestly.
Rules exist to be broken and you're in trouble only when caught. The TC kit was a sufficiently serious infraction.
kilcoo316 wrote:In a similar manner to the Soviets congratulating the Americans blows every tinfoil idiot out of the water regarding the moon landings
Don't knock the tinfoil hats :D
http://people.csail.mit.edu/rahimi/helmet/

xpensive
xpensive

While I guess none of us have proof of cheating, I thought the Benetton "launch-control" starting system was legendary?
It would be interesting to hear how Tom Walkinshaw would comment on that today.

Or Gordon Murray on Brabham's "water-cooled" brakes?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Miguel
Miguel

kilcoo316 wrote:Not one... not one single person... has come out since 1994 and said "yeah, we cheated".
Benneton pleaded guilty in the WMSC in Paris when they were judged of tampering their fuel rigs. That's enough "we cheated" for me. Funnily enough, Benneton didn't get any penalty for this.
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

RacingManiac
RacingManiac

ISLAMATRON wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:

And the last of Schumi Bennetton was 1995, from 1996 to 2000 there are no TC in F1, and he was getting the most out of his car during that time anyway....I think its suffice to say that he can drive with no TC with little problem.... :roll:

kilcoo316
kilcoo316

SZ wrote:You're not quite in the world of F1 if you're still believing in honestly.
I don't believe in honesty within F1 for a second.

However, I do believe in word eventually creeping out due to the constant movement of people and then obviously changing motives and attitudes (toward people and teams).

kilcoo316
kilcoo316

Miguel wrote:
kilcoo316 wrote:Not one... not one single person... has come out since 1994 and said "yeah, we cheated".
Benneton pleaded guilty in the WMSC in Paris when they were judged of tampering their fuel rigs. That's enough "we cheated" for me. Funnily enough, Benneton didn't get any penalty for this.
1. That is cheated all year?

2. That offered them a significant advantage?

I would equate that with the farcial argument over the Michelin tyres in 2003.

:lol: