Schumi comes back

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
nipo
nipo

Re: Schumi comes back

Schumi made me register in this forum :D

I am compelled to ask a question. There's news that Massa is getting out of intensive care, he's talking to people, his left eye can see and he is making his first steps out of bed. Is there a chance he can come back to a racing condition soon?

Or, put it this way, is there a chance that Schumi, after all this excitement about his comeback, might eventually not get to race at all?

If indeed it is sure that Massa won't make Valencia, the next question will be how soon he gets back. Maybe we'll only see Schumi race once? Twice?

Giblet
Giblet

Broken bones, wherever they are in your body, need 4-6 weeks minimum to heal even remotely close to properly.

There is nothing to be gained by Massa trying to rush into the cockpit this season, or at least the next couple of races. it's not like he's fighting for the championship, and a Schumi developed car for next year would be good for Massa and Kimi I think.

He is likely better to play the long game and come back super strong to test when the season is over, and then him, his doctors, and team can decide.

I know Schumi is tough, but you shouldn't allow him to make you do anything :)

welcome to the forum
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

The FOZ
The FOZ

Giblet wrote:
djones wrote:Presumably this video is BS?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifKQoW3Cuzk

Infact why am I even asking :lol:
The vodafone logos on his gloves say a lot as well.
If I were Ferrari, and I wanted my pinch-hitter to sneak a few laps it, you bet your ass I'd make the video look like it was dug up from years ago...right down to having the crew wear older uniforms.

Plausible deniability.

jddh1

Giblet wrote:Broken bones, wherever they are in your body, need 4-6 weeks minimum to heal even remotely close to properly.

There is nothing to be gained by Massa trying to rush into the cockpit this season, or at least the next couple of races. it's not like he's fighting for the championship, and a Schumi developed car for next year would be good for Massa and Kimi I think.

He is likely better to play the long game and come back super strong to test when the season is over, and then him, his doctors, and team can decide.

I know Schumi is tough, but you shouldn't allow him to make you do anything :)

welcome to the forum
Agreed.
And let's not forget that Massa sustained a concussion. From personal experience I bet they'll monitor him closely for that. No one knows how long it takes to heal from concussions. I would like Massa to take his time, but also would like to see him back for the Brazil race. We'll see what happens.

mr moda

WhiteBlue wrote:
jason.parker.86 wrote:All my dreams have finally come true! Ill get to see Lewis Hamilton whoop Michael Schumacher in a F1 car!
It would not be very conclusive though. The McLaren is supposed to be much better than the Ferrari. Whooping would only be possible in the same car. But we will finally see Kimi and Michael in the same car. That will be a historic moment. Perhaps it will shake Kimi out of his lethargy. He made a good start last Sunday.
Then by your reasoning Schumachers titles when Ferrari were the faster team are not very conclusive either.

Giblet
Giblet

Somehow I doubt he applies the same blanket reasoning to every situation :)

I bet it will please all the drivers who have never raced him before to at least race against him, and all that entails.

Now some drivers might be able to have a good fight with him, instead of watching him drive off to a win. I never like Schumi much, but I always admired his race craft and car control.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

mr moda

Oh I dont doubt it. I know it. :lol:

nae
nae

Its a bit odd for him to return, imho
but best of luck to him and I hope he
gets a chance to show off his skills
..?

astracrazy
astracrazy

I can't wait to see hamilton vs schumi 1 on 1 into, 2nd corner i guess it would be of valencia - hope it happens.

Be interesting for sure

monkeyboy1976
monkeyboy1976

Schumacher return to Formula One: everyone's a winner.
Ferrari will enjoy the attention and have nothing to lose really.
Bernie pleased as all talk of BMW exit(and another possible) is gone.
Concorde signing can now go on in peace.
Drivers (esp Hamilton) get to race against a legend.

But, there is a big risk that he may end up looking silly. As his manager says, it is a gamble.
Let's hope, for his sake, he does not hit a wall in quali.

pjobmathew

Will he be good as old ????? anyway some good news after BMW's exit

bidong
bidong

guys, with the current form of the F60, Schumi and the fact that he has never driven around Valencia, even in his old F2006. Do you guys think he will get in Q3???

I'm really excited about this, with Hamilton just scoring his 1st win in 2009. He must be psyched. Then seeing the Red helmet with stars on the top beside him. I'm sure the K button would be abused by those two. It's the battle of the four F1 WDC. Hamilton, Schumi, Raikkonen and hopefully Alonso. I personally feel that was too harsh. They knee-jerked because of Felipe and Surtees' crash. Condolence.

4 WDC in the grid! SENSATIONAL!

P.S. Let's hope Piquet doesn't crash into him.

bidong
bidong

On second thought, if Piquet crashed on Schumi.

He's out of F1 for good. whether Briatore likes him or not.

onon
onon

But those who question Schumacher's decision might do well to remember a little vignette that took place last Thursday in the media conference room at the Hungaroring.

BMW driver Robert Kubica was talking about a karting event that he and Toyota's Timo Glock had organised the previous weekend.

"We knew that maybe Michael (Schumacher) was coming," said Kubica, one of the most highly rated drivers in F1, "so we asked some drivers and they joined us. We had good fun, a good day's driving. Also a bit of competition because once you have drivers - even if it is not an F1 track, but karting - there is always competition. There is always someone who wants to be the fastest but overall I think it was good fun."

So who was fastest, Robert, someone asked.

"Michael was the fastest," he said.

onon
onon

schuey will win, you will see all you nonbelievers.

when was the last time when f1 had FOUR CHAMPIONS on track? schuey, kimi, hami and alonso four champions, and one prospective champion vettel/webber/button. and if you mix all that, its going to be great finale to 2009 season.