Ferrari F10

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Sawtooth-spike

Re: Ferrari 281 (code 661)

the first of feb is a Testing day? I see no cheating here
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

Pandamasque

:lol:

allan
allan

oh wow
that just made my day....
One of my profs used to tell us, it's better to let people think you're stupid than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

megz

ISLAMATRON wrote:FERRARI CHEATING AGAIN!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80828
ISLAMATRON CRIES BLOODY MURDER AGAIN!!!

bjpower
bjpower

ISLAMATRON did someone run off with your wife in a fearri or something?
where does this all come from.

segedunum
segedunum

ISLAMATRON wrote:Any ideas if any of the other teams will copy RBR's pull rod rear suspension?
I doubt it. The front-end of the Red Bull will be what most teams will be copying like crazy and trying to work from if they feel that their front-end in 2009 just didn't work i.e. Ferrari's. The pull-rod system was something Red Bull had to package up the chassis in a rather specific way. It's going to a blind alley for teams to copy that I think because it implies a lot of other unseen things.

segedunum
segedunum

Re: Ferrari F2010/F61 Codename 661

timbo wrote:Felipe was hit by a spring.
Does that count as "really wrong"?
Hmmmmmm. You must have been hit by one of you think that's germane to the discussion. :?

PlatinumZealot

For other teams that pull-rod could be worth implementing if the designers are up to it. Lower CG is always welcome. Some people say the pull-rod suspension was getting in the way of the double diffuser, but that's not what I saw in the pictures of the RedBull's underside! There were two fully developed scoops underneath; the springs and shocks were probably neatly placed ahead and in between of the scoops. I don't even know how far ahead those shocks were placed, whether up to underneath the engine or just under the transmission is a guess for me. I won't write off a pull-rod suspension on the new Ferrari for sure.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

Astro1
Astro1

I've seen people hate Ferrari before, I'm used to it, I run a forum; but to a level where the hatred clouds reading comprehension....That's a first =D> =D>

As far as the technical side of F1, there are claims that the Ferrari engine cover is very radical, and that the team is genuinely on edge about the success of the design.

Stefano during the fan chat on ferrari.com answered a question worded a bit different but "will there be components on the car which you believer will make a difference for Ferrari but that others won't have"

His answer was "yes, but we don't know if it will be enough".

Q. How does the windtunnel data look to you?

A. Promising.

Will see...

myurr
myurr

n smikle wrote:For other teams that pull-rod could be worth implementing if the designers are up to it. Lower CG is always welcome. Some people say the pull-rod suspension was getting in the way of the double diffuser, but that's not what I saw in the pictures of the RedBull's underside! There were two fully developed scoops underneath; the springs and shocks were probably neatly placed ahead and in between of the scoops. I don't even know how far ahead those shocks were placed, whether up to underneath the engine or just under the transmission is a guess for me. I won't write off a pull-rod suspension on the new Ferrari for sure.
Wouldn't a pull-rod suspension make it more difficult to implement an adjustable suspension height, as per the rumored Renault suspension? If so then any CofG benefits would be outweighed by the aero deficit of ever changing ride height as the fuel load comes burns off.

Astro1
Astro1

Also the Gazzetta article suggests that Ferrari have designed a suspension system that will minimized ride height changes as the car gets progressively lighter throughout the race. Would a pullrod make this possible.

marcush.
marcush.

in which way should a pullrod layout be of less advantageous in terms of ride height adjustability then a pushrod setup ?

the low CG height theme is also not going to be a big issue ,because those two dampers and springs will not really help in that area ....where you have heavy bits like diff ,gearclusters ,shiftactuation etc all claiming space .The situation will inevitably need moving other equally heavy parts higher up in the car negating any
advantage of those 3 kilo places lower .
The main advantage is to me :you really improve the airflow to the rear wing dramatically especially in yaw when those bulges for the third spring and rocker arms
are gone.

xpensive
xpensive

Astro1 wrote:Also the Gazzetta article suggests that Ferrari have designed a suspension system that will minimized ride height changes as the car gets progressively lighter throughout the race. Would a pullrod make this possible.
I don't think you can "adjust" the ride height during the race, when that would be seen as a movable aerodynamic device?
What Ferrari could have developed sounds more like a very progressive load/deflection ratio minimizing the difference in ride height from vertical load, but that is hardly anything new?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

axle
axle

xpensive wrote:
Astro1 wrote:Also the Gazzetta article suggests that Ferrari have designed a suspension system that will minimized ride height changes as the car gets progressively lighter throughout the race. Would a pullrod make this possible.
I don't think you can "adjust" the ride height during the race, when that would be seen as a movable aerodynamic device?
What Ferrari could have developed sounds more like a very progressive load/deflection ratio minimizing the difference in ride height from vertical load, but that is hardly anything new?
EDIT - didn't read properly.
- Axle

marcush.
marcush.

adjustment in the pits should be allowed. We have seen some teams running with and without wheelcovers during the same race in diffrent stints ... I can see no diffrence there .you could always fall back to stating it was a necessary service or repair during the pitstop.