Barrichello will drive for Williams

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
void

Barrichello will drive for Williams

The Brazilian Globo TV said that Barrichello had confirmed the he signed with Williams F1 for 2010 championship.

http://globoesporte.globo.com/Esportes/ ... MS+EM.html

PS. Sorry about my very bad English!

Alexpcenteno

Re: Barrichello will drive for Williams

The brazilian commentator Luciano Burti was the one who spread the word on this. He says in his twitter that:

"Quem confirmou foi uma pessoa ligada a Williams dizendo que Rubens assinou por 2 anos (1+1) e usarao motores Cosworth. Isso eh novidade..."

http://twitter.com/LucianoBurti

That means:

"Who confirmed was a person from Williams. Rubens has a 2 year deal and that Williams will be using the Cosworth engines."
"Racing, competing, it's in my blood. It's part of me, it's part of my life; I have been doing it all my life and it stands out above everything else." - Ayrton Senna

Carlos
Carlos

xpensive
xpensive

He should have been happy with this season's indian summer! :lol:
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

sdimm

Nice, so who goes to Brawn? Nico?
// Mattias

--------------------------

lebesset
lebesset

I can't believe this would be admitted as yet
it would force brawn to handicap reubens ...they couldn't possibly take the risk that the number one car would be at williams next year , it's too important to any team ....I am correct it goes to the winning driver am I not ?
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

raceman

lebesset wrote:I can't believe this would be admitted as yet
it would force brawn to handicap reubens ...they couldn't possibly take the risk that the number one car would be at williams next year , it's too important to any team ....I am correct it goes to the winning driver am I not ?
I agree. Ross said they will see these things not before the season finale as that would hamper driver concentration.....

Yes, the No. 1 goes to the Drivers' Champion and to whoever team he goes, that team will keep No. 1 and No. 2 for their cars irrespective of "that" team's Championship status in yesteryear's Championship

hasalard
hasalard

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 4209.shtml

Another report, nothing official yet.

Giblet
Giblet

lebesset wrote:I can't believe this would be admitted as yet
All kinds of drivers have won championships and move to a new team the next year. Alonso being a very recent example.

I think Rubens knew he had to start shopping, as you can't just keep slagging your team in the media, and be beaten by your teammate for the most part, and expect to be still around.

The Brawn is a known race winning car, and I am sure Ross knows that almost any driver in the field could have won a couple races with it this season. Rubens knows that Brawn doesn't need him and vice versa.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

WhiteBlue

Nico to Mercedes Brawn is one for the bank I guess. That must have been signed before Monza when Merc seriously fell out with McLaren and started to invest in Brawn via third parties.

Williams Petronas will run Barichello/Hülkenberg in the Cosworth powered car if they can pinch Petronas from Sauber.

Toyota are rumored to run Nakajima/Kobayashi unless they bite the bullit and keep Timo.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

pjobmathew

* Quote lebesset

could you explain why its too important for any team :?:
remember when hill had a ZERO on his nose cone (93-94) :?: ferrari using 27 and 28 :?:

its more important to have a better driver in the car than a better number on the race car . i don't think ( i'm not sure ) that ascari drove with no 1 on his car after his first championship win , i mean the following year .

lebesset
lebesset

the reason for the importance of number one is quite simple ; the majority of people who watch a GP are not what we would call fans ..they are people who are interested on a more casual basis
that's why the system was changed some years back ....joe public can understand that the reigning champion drives car number 1 !

it's called marketing , sponsors like it , the car featured in their ad's have number 1 on them ...ask any team owner if it brings in sponsorship

as they said in ' the godfather' , it's only business
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

Richard
Richard

WhiteBlue wrote: Monza when Merc seriously fell out with McLaren
Did they? Any more on that?

axle
axle

WhiteBlue wrote:Nico to Mercedes Brawn is one for the bank I guess. That must have been signed before Monza when Merc seriously fell out with McLaren
Your wording is very ambiguous here...

McLaren and Mercedes have both been re-evaluating their relationship offtrack since the SLR and McLaren's desire to build their own cars grew in strength...and on track with Spygate and then Liegate. McLaren won't sell up so if Mercedes want to have their own team they need a new partner and Brawn fit the bill perfectly.

Mercedes have been looking at Brawn since they literally blew away the opposition in Oz'09. Any deal signed will have been signed after hours and hours of negotiations not after a falling out with McLaren at Monza (if that's what you mean)?
- Axle

mcdenife
mcdenife

Did they? Any more on that?
2 + 2 = 423.91287563 This is what you get when you take a pinch rumour, add a dollop(?) of speculation, a touch of fact, a generous helping of personal opinion, then let simmer in some wild summation and viola, done it again, pat on the back, pat on the back.
Long experience has taught me this about the status of mankind with regards to matters requiring thought. The less people know and understand about them, the more positively they attempt to argue concerning them; while on the other hand, to know and understand a multitude of things renders men cautious in passing judgement upon anything new. - Galileo..

The noblest of dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.