autogyro's Transmission Concept

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
Jersey Tom

Re: Are all teams using double-clutch transmissions this season?

And how much does it cost to manufacture?
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.

autogyro

Jersey Tom wrote:And how much does it cost to manufacture?
How many million do you want?

tok-tokkie

What I don't understand autogyro is the patent on this thing. You tell us that you have shown the principles to, amoungst others, Hewland & they acknowledge the merit of your ideas. Yet you can't disclose to us what the principles are. Surely, once you have shown your ideas to Hewland et althe cat is out of the bag & they can rip off your idea if you have not patented it. Yet you can't disclose it to us. You have been asked about patents & not answered. Have you patented your system? If not, under what conditions did you make disclosure to Hewland?

autogyro

tok-tokkie wrote:What I don't understand autogyro is the patent on this thing. You tell us that you have shown the principles to, amoungst others, Hewland & they acknowledge the merit of your ideas. Yet you can't disclose to us what the principles are. Surely, once you have shown your ideas to Hewland et althe cat is out of the bag & they can rip off your idea if you have not patented it. Yet you can't disclose it to us. You have been asked about patents & not answered. Have you patented your system? If not, under what conditions did you make disclosure to Hewland?
Simple confidentiality agreement.
I will take out a patent with any one who will confirm a feasibility study and investment if it goes further.
I have had many of my ideas ripped off by some of the best companies in motor engineering and F1, ever since I pioneered some of the first semi and full automatic transmissions in motor racing back in the 1970's.
It no longer bothers me. I am semi retired and prefer a peaceful life without the greed thanks. Perhaps there will be a book released.
I doubt Hewlands or any others will rip me off though.

I have had many of my ideas ripped off by some of the best companies in motor engineering and F1, ever since I pioneered some of the first semi and full automatic transmissions in motor racing back in the 1970's.
I doubt Hewlands or any others will rip me off though.
So you have a brilliant technology that is better than all other transmissions, and has no draw backs at all, and its amazingly small.

And you also have been ripped off before with loads of other brilliant ideas, yet you showed this reveloutionary technology to people who could easily rip you off again... without getting it patented at all.

and you never took anyone to court over stealing your ideas...

and when you had your first idea stolen you didnt think not to show the next idea without legal protection of some kind or a patent...

and you are now showing this one (which would be worth millions if it were to exsist) to people without a patent...

So your either a brilliant engineer whos not that bright, or your a very trusting person.

Either way, Im sorry.
This may very well be all true, but i, like many others i feel, havent believed a word of it from when i read your first post.

mike

so to sum up all ur post autogyro
-its a 110mm cubic gearbox with no clutch and it has no draw backs what so ever, but you are not sure about the feasibility?
so its the best gearbox but not feasibile yet...
-you haven't patent it, but you shown to Hewland which is not going to rip you off nor is he going to produce it or has the right to.
-you don't want money from this because you are retired and not greedy
-you don't want people to rip you off
-you have the experience of getting ripped off, but you still reluctant to patent it
-you probably not going to produce it as you are retired

conclusion:
why do you tell us all these things about this gearbox but you are not going to do anything about it. you look for a partner to help with this project finacially that is supposely all good and yet you don't really want to be involved.
layman's term:
do you expect any of us to go all-in trusting you on the 2 cards you have which we have no idea about, while you are not betting.

so you are like concept of the GOD, we dont know you, we dont even know if you exist and yet you expects us to trust you and put millions of money for the sake of faith.....

my guess you are really old (comparatively) and internet is quite new to you, what sounds too good to be true are often pure bs, i would like to believe that you invented this fantastic gearbox and i urge you to patent it and share with people this great idea. like you said people are indeed stupid and hence we can not solve the problem of global warming, so if you have this brillant idea please do share it with the world, instead of laughing at all of us who drive cars with stupid gearboxes(everyone), before you go to sleep every night

PlatinumZealot

I think I have an Idea of what his gearbox is like... when he said "one shaft" and no clutch, and 4 inch depth I started thinking... I think I know why it needs motor assistance. I don't want to burst my brain right now though.. but I hope to see your design in future cars autogyro.. You should show your design to BMW. BMW are very open to innovations like that, they might help you.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌
🟤🟤 Coco puffs are my favourite too! 🟤🟤

tok-tokkie

I too have an inkling of what the system is. It is a good fit with KERS, is very compact, can be air cooled internally & has only 1 bearing. Despite my raising the patent query I am intrigued by this.

autogyro

Sorry to disappoint the poster who concluded I was an old 'fart' new to computers. I build my own systems, hardware and software as a hobby, which includes a mobile multi track recording set up for recording bands and shows from which I record and mix both 5:1 and stereo sound.
I have an idea from that as well, which is to build a system for live performances IN 5:1 surround sound for a totally new sound experience. Interesting?
Oh yes and until 12 Months ago I was part of a rock and roll/blues/country duo which performed for 15 years part time all around East Anglia.
I have raced my own cars and won a number of races and consulted with a large number of the top F1 engineers and designers.

I have not said I only want to make money from my ESERU.I have never developed transmission systems and race cars in the past, other than for the achievement of doing it. Silly of course in the minds of the modern greedy people now running our society but I believe in the tradition of Britain's old superior and under valued engineering base, now almost fully destroyed. I have of course secured investment in the past which helped the work I was doing and was in some cases essential for that work but development work was never my bread and butter. How could it be through the 70's 80's and 90's without a move to the middle east. I am now semi retired, so I do not see why I should give my ideas away without being paid for them, after all I have to survive in Britain's shallow moral less modern society and help my grand children to fight through the lies and hypocrisy it runs on.

autogyro

n smikle wrote:I think I have an Idea of what his gearbox is like... when he said "one shaft" and no clutch, and 4 inch depth I started thinking... I think I know why it needs motor assistance. I don't want to burst my brain right now though.. but I hope to see your design in future cars autogyro.. You should show your design to BMW. BMW are very open to innovations like that, they might help you.
It does not want motor assistance and can operate as a seven speed (or any number of ratios) gearbox alone.
As to the feasibility. A number of top engineers have studied the concept and I have received no criticism of the systems potential capabilities. It is a totally new geartrain and conventional simulation and hard testing would not be suitable.
Budgets do not seem to be available for such a radical departure from established practice. Fota banning Kers has also reduced the chances of investment and the Fota car makers are at present capitalizing on their first generation Kers technology in the general car markets. They do not want competition of this type.

mike

sorry man, what i meant was internet is full of people with bs trying to brag....
if you have a great idea patent it and talk about it and share it with us and use this site a an medium for advertisement to attract investors, afterall it is a technical forum and i would like to think there are people in this forum who can help you achieve what you want, if not then you are wasting you time.

btw i totally 100% agree with you theory with engineering in Britain.

xxChrisxx

autogyro wrote: but I believe in the tradition of Britain's old superior and under valued engineering base, now almost fully destroyed.
This man speaks truths :D

You've got to admit though, this being the internet and all. Unsubstantiated claims of a gearbox (or anything at all) that is superior in every way to its predecessors, that the smartest people have looked at and say is feasible (basically the best thing since sliced bread), but hasnt been implemented for some reason or another. Are usually crackpots spouting bullshit.

This is not to say that we don't belive you or that a new and better box is possible, it's just anyone who has spent more than 30 seconds on the internet has learned to treat it skeptically.

autogyro

xxChrisxx wrote:
autogyro wrote: but I believe in the tradition of Britain's old superior and under valued engineering base, now almost fully destroyed.
This man speaks truths :D

You've got to admit though, this being the internet and all. Unsubstantiated claims of a gearbox (or anything at all) that is superior in every way to its predecessors, that the smartest people have looked at and say is feasible (basically the best thing since sliced bread), but hasnt been implemented for some reason or another. Are usually crackpots spouting bullshit.

This is not to say that we don't belive you or that a new and better box is possible, it's just anyone who has spent more than 30 seconds on the internet has learned to treat it skeptically.
Absolutely and I am not saying that there will not be something that does prevent production application.
There would certainly be a large expensive development structure needed, if it is taken up.
I am saying that top engineers in F1 have looked at it and I have received no reasons from them as to why it should not be looked into.
I have been told that there are little if any resources available.
Sign of the times.

Jersey Tom

Still.. how much would it cost to prototype one.
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.

autogyro

Jersey Tom wrote:Still.. how much would it cost to prototype one.
Difficult to estimate.
The basic geartrain would be much the same as any other to make.
The control/operation system needs newly developed technology both in some of the geartrain parts and in the methods of operation.