autogyro's Transmission Concept

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
alexbarwell
alexbarwell

Re: autogyro's Transmission Concept

Can I bring to the table a concept of mine to recover the energy expended in a driver and team's excuses? Or a bio-fuel derived from the bodies of all the lawyers involved in the sport. I think both represent a massively underused resource...
I am an engineer, not a conceptualist :)

autogyro
autogyro

alexbarwell wrote:Can I bring to the table a concept of mine to recover the energy expended in a driver and team's excuses? Or a bio-fuel derived from the bodies of all the lawyers involved in the sport. I think both represent a massively underused resource...
Good idea but be careful.
You have not given enough detail to quantify your suggestion and there are those on here incapable of any thought process without figures and calculus.
I believe it to be a form of illness but I could be wrong.
What the world needs is more art, F1 could do with some.
Someone told me once that it is just as easy to kill yourself working and earn nothing as it is to earn a fortune.
It is much the same with technology and figures and the results. Time to look for a sensible motive perhaps and break out of the loop?

manchild
manchild

1:00 DERS - Driver's Energy Recovery System (breathing, gasses etc.)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngb4SYR74m4[/youtube]

Scotracer
Scotracer

autogyro wrote:
alexbarwell wrote:Can I bring to the table a concept of mine to recover the energy expended in a driver and team's excuses? Or a bio-fuel derived from the bodies of all the lawyers involved in the sport. I think both represent a massively underused resource...
Good idea but be careful.
You have not given enough detail to quantify your suggestion and there are those on here incapable of any thought process without figures and calculus.
I believe it to be a form of illness but I could be wrong.
What the world needs is more art, F1 could do with some.
Someone told me once that it is just as easy to kill yourself working and earn nothing as it is to earn a fortune.
It is much the same with technology and figures and the results. Time to look for a sensible motive perhaps and break out of the loop?
I think the most sensible concept would be: Put up or shut up.

There are enough snake-oil salesmen in this world.
Powertrain Cooling Engineer

autogyro
autogyro

Like I keep saying, annoying isnt it.

Ciro Pabón

Well, you wouldn't believe how many people think differently. I've lost the count of the reports claiming otherwise.

Autogyro, I'll try to put this in the most educated way I can: when will you patent something so you can show us how it works? Please (and I'm dead serious), give us a date, no matter how far into the future it is.

If we drag this thread endlessly, all claims and no substance, I'll be forced to lock it, reserving it simply to add the future unubstantiated claims we see coming our way.
Ciro

xpensive
xpensive

For everyone's education here; You do not need to "get a patent" in order to secure intellcetual property per se,
it's quite enough to file a provisory patentapplication together with the application-fee (in Sweden some 400 EUR)
to enjoy at least six months of protection from infringement until you have secured an investor.

But remember, your protection is only as good as your claims, there's no second-guessing in what you really meant,
only clarifications and xplanations allowed after original filing.

But making your own investigation of what has already been patented is always a good start; http://gb.espacenet.com
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

manchild
manchild

I've came late to follow up the whole thread, but the bits I've read reminded me of an old idea I've never defined apart from theory - continuous transmission with two conical gears. The problem is in fact that two conical gears can't slide one over the other. It's a sort of "Penrose triangle" kind of possibility http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penrose_triangle

xpensive
xpensive

You have to invent a way for the conical gears to steplessly increase its number of teeth from the small end to the large,
how difficult could it be, man? :lol:

manchild
manchild

I had in mind same number of teeth on gear on input shaft, and some slim sliding gear on output shaft, that would be able to change it's diameter, while chaining its teeth size too in order to match input gear. I guess it takes someone stoned to invent it. :lol:

xpensive
xpensive

And finally; "The prestige"!

ringo

manchild wrote:1:00 DERS - Driver's Energy Recovery System (breathing, gasses etc.)

The steam engine uses this principle. Very popular design on older trains.
For Sure!!

autogyro
autogyro

ringo wrote:
manchild wrote:1:00 DERS - Driver's Energy Recovery System (breathing, gasses etc.)

The steam engine uses this principle. Very popular design on older trains.
Give FOTA another year and they will be using a Ferrari version for F1.

Giblet
Giblet

They are way ahead of you.

Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

autogyro
autogyro

Giblet wrote:They are way ahead of you.

Damn, why didnt I think of that.