autogyro's Transmission Concept

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
Caito
Caito

Re: autogyro's Transmission Concept

Mercedes has been doing this for years, and not just the engines..
Come back 747, we miss you!!

autogyro
autogyro

I have now patented my ESERU.

Mysticf1
Mysticf1

when can we see some diagrams?

p.s im surprised im asking considering all the fuss and flaming associated with this thread.

xpensive
xpensive

autogyro wrote:I have now patented my ESERU.
Every patentapplication inside PCT becomes an official document after 18 months from application date,
would you mind sharing application number?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Giblet
Giblet

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Good for you autogyro :mrgreen: You just climbed 28 rungs up the ladder of feasibility.

Now we gt to see if what you think is the game changer really is.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

SZ
SZ

Congratulations.

Looking forward to seeing more information on it.

jddh1

Congrats. Looking forward to seeing some sketches at least.

RH1300S
RH1300S

Good luck

Richard
Richard

From another thread but belongs better in here ...
autogyro wrote:The electric shift energy recovery unit I have patented, is both parallel and series in operation, mainly because it IS the 7 speed stepped gearbox.
Patented, so now in the public domain? Does that mean you can share a little more with us?

HungryHebbo
HungryHebbo

Well this has been an interesting read, always nice to get distracted from my work! I have a thought on this from the viewpoint of a physicist now doing engineering (of sorts). All the way through this thread, autogyro hasn't said specifically that there are gears in his box of tricks, only that there is the equivalent of 7 stepped gears. Also, it works as a KERS device at the same time as a 'gearbox'. Coming from a completely non-gearbox background, is it not possible that electromagnets are being used here, or some such technique utilizing Eddy currents, Lorentz force and so forth?

My pie in the sky thinking goes along the lines of input shaft enters the box, on the end of which is a plate or disc or whatever. Opposing this would be the output plate, composed of possibly segmented (probably concentrically) conducting rings that can be individually controlled with respect to a current passing through. If the currents are high enough, induced force in the output plate could cause it to turn.

In the above format the idea is 99% a complete load of hokum, but it's an alternate idea that at least would cover the snippets that he's dropped into the thread. An even fancier idea is trapping magnetic field lines within a superconducter, but that would require a room temperature superconductor, and if he'd invented that, I'm not sure that a gearbox would be the primary concern!

horse

HungryHebbo wrote:My pie in the sky thinking goes along the lines of input shaft enters the box, on the end of which is a plate or disc or whatever. Opposing this would be the output plate, composed of possibly segmented (probably concentrically) conducting rings that can be individually controlled with respect to a current passing through. If the currents are high enough, induced force in the output plate could cause it to turn.
I was assuming it was something along these lines. I like the idea of the concentric rings providing the "gearing". I suppose the outer most ring would be "first", so to speak. It's this concept of torque selection which confused me the most, but I don't know much about electric machines, so I'm not surprised. Electric generators are pretty efficient converters, no? 95%+, perhaps. How does this system compare for efficiency to a standard gearbox? It's all heat losses from one of those, right?
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

autogyro
autogyro

Sorry horse, my ESERU uses planetary gear sets, however in top gear there is absolutely NO gears driving and the input and output are completely mechanicaly linked together running on only one suppoert bearing.
That bearing in top is the ONLY torque loss and the system is also an integral Kers harvesting and energy applying system.
It has seven stepped ratios in the F1 application that can have the stepped ratios chosen just like current layshaft and twin shaft (torque sapping) gearboxes.
The difference is it is 21st century and not 19th in concept.
People say F1 is the pinnacle of current technology, I do not.

jaxxtec
jaxxtec

autogyro wrote:Sorry horse, my ESERU uses planetary gear sets, however in top gear there is absolutely NO gears driving and the input and output are completely mechanicaly linked together running on only one suppoert bearing.
That bearing in top is the ONLY torque loss and the system is also an integral Kers harvesting and energy applying system.
It has seven stepped ratios in the F1 application that can have the stepped ratios chosen just like current layshaft and twin shaft (torque sapping) gearboxes.
Congratulations on the patent! =D

Definitely agree that F1 is not the pinnacle of current technology, especially after the rules and regs are aimed at handicapping the teams. High end aerodynamics.

autogyro
autogyro

jaxxtec wrote:
autogyro wrote:Sorry horse, my ESERU uses planetary gear sets, however in top gear there is absolutely NO gears driving and the input and output are completely mechanicaly linked together running on only one suppoert bearing.
Congratulations on the patent! =D

Definitely agree that F1 is not the pinnacle of current technology, especially after the rules and regs are aimed at handicapping the teams. High end aerodynamics.

Thank you for your support.
I do not consider High end aero as the pinnacle of anything I am afraid. It no longer has much bearing on improving vehicle performance in any radical way. If Nick Wirth manages to build a competitive F1 car without a wind tunnel, then aero will take its place where it belongs, as a set of formulae and math available to anyone with a good computer.
It is the trouble with the modern world. All I see is the same things being reinvented over and over again and little if any realy new ideas. Closed loop technology I call it and F1 is full of it. I also have a saying for it,
Bull---- baffles brains.

horse

autogyro wrote:Sorry horse, my ESERU uses planetary gear sets, however in top gear there is absolutely NO gears driving and the input and output are completely mechanically linked together running on only one support bearing.
Ah well, autogyro, I was just taking a punt, as is common on here (long may it continue).

Out of interest, if there are no gears in top then do the rear wheels and engine have the same rpm?
autogyro wrote:If Nick Wirth manages to build a competitive F1 car without a wind tunnel, then aero will take its place where it belongs, as a set of formulae and math available to anyone with a good computer
It's a bit harder than that, boss. A computer chip doesn't contain an aerodynamicist and you can't trust CFD unless it's validated. I doubt you'll ever see anything "new" on a CFD only car.
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu