Schumi: two different times

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Steven
Owner

Schumi: two different times

Hehe found this elsewhere:
Michael Schumacaher quote from Autosport Jan 1999; "To win the title in a 97' Williams (which was generally acknowledged as the best car), would not have meant anything to me. "with the best car you have a situation where you can only loose the championship, not really win it. "its more important how I win them".
This is obviously from a losers point of view :shock:
Doesn't quite work for his last couple of championships.

Just be carefull of what you say, it may bite you later. :lol:

Jukebox
Jukebox

Re: Schumi: two different times

It's been what? 5 years already since he made that statement??? :shock:

Where did you get that statement from Tomba? :evil: hehheeehee....
Ferrari forever....

Steven
Owner

hmmm found that on some site lately, don't know exactly which :?

Found that kind of amusing, times can change, an Schumacher always wants to play the hero, in good times and bad times...
Unfortunately for him, he isn't, but not many people see that at the moment of speaking :lol:

I think you should praise a championship winner at all time, he might have won then with the best car, he at least won. And even if you are a loser in the last race, that, I think, is not a reason do degrade another's achievemt :!:

Well, i gues he's really proud of all his championships then :wink:

just remember his first championship

I guess he should be really proud of the first one and 2003 cause he had to fight for them, but the others were not that cool. The reason I hate him so much is the Australian GP in '95 where Damon Hill was a good chance to win the title and Schumi "somehow managed" to run into him and take them both out which gave him the championship. I wonder if he is proud of that?

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

The Damon Hill thing in Australia was in 1994.

West
West

Don't forget 97 also

I loved how after he won in 2003 if he was in the same situation again (where Ferrari wasn't dominant) he would retire. He may be good, but sh*t why doesn't he:

1) Get a teammate who can consistently challenge him
2) Try winning in a crappier car. Personally I thought the McLaren MP4/17D and the FW25 were much better cars than the F2003-GA. He kinda contradicts himself that way.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

Spencifer_Murphy

It just shows how much of a sore-looser he is. He will critisise others for winning in the best car becuase "it means nothing", but now he does that very same thing for the past three years and he is now saying he has more hunger than ever to win title number seven. It doesn't quite add up does it? He was obviously lying in '97 becuase after 3years of utter dominace you'd have thought he'd have switched teams....after all "Winning championships in the best cars doesn't mean anything to Mr. Schumacher"...my arse LOL!
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

West
West

If the FIA wasn't so stupid in 94 he'd still be stuck at five championships. Just like how dumb they were in this year's USGP.

He's still the best racer out there, however. It has been said many times that whatever position Barichello is in, it's really the benchmark where Ferrari would be in if MS wasn't driving.

BTW if you saw Speed TV's coverage of practice of the USGP, you were given exclusive access to see BAR's carbon-titanium gearbox, and an interview w/ one of the engineers behind it. I don't think any other television station covered it.

crystalclear
crystalclear

Blocking

And how many times did he move across to block Sato at the start of the US GP. If it was any body else ... "incident involving car number 1 under investigation by the stewards" ... would be flashed up on the screen!

West
West

Re: Blocking

crystalclear wrote:And how many times did he move across to block Sato at the start of the US GP. If it was any body else ... "incident involving car number 1 under investigation by the stewards" ... would be flashed up on the screen!
The announcers for Speed TV said the same thing, but after looking at a onboard w/ Sato, it didn't look like Schumacher made 20 blocking moves.

i read big sh*t here...michael is the best and you are know that!

bernard
bernard

i read big sh*t here...michael is the best and you are know that!
Very constructive :wink:

I thought Michael was rather small :D

/ Fx