idea for keeping posts relevant

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
BreezyRacer

idea for keeping posts relevant

Just what you need Tomba .. a new idea to consider.

IMO, postings would be concise and responsible if a poster could see how many users were following a thread. Something like a text in the posting form "This thread is being followed by 51 people".

Often times these otherwise great posts die a sudden death when they devolve into a two person argument/disagreement/war of words. If posters could see just how subscribed a thread was they might feel more likely to post things that are relevant to the thread, not their own little squabbles.

Just a thought ..

flynfrog

Re: idea for keeping posts relevant

That would require the forum idiots to think of some one besides there selves. Not going to happen

Roland Ehnström

I follow many threads, but I don't subscribe to any.

Pandamasque

Roland Ehnström wrote:I follow many threads, but I don't subscribe to any.
+1 I only use subscription for forums I rarely visit. I don't need this function here since I read F1T daily.
flynfrog wrote:That would require the forum idiots to think of some one besides there selves. Not going to happen
+1

Richard

Pandamasque wrote:
+1 I only use subscription for forums I rarely visit. I don't need this function here since I read F1T daily.

+2

Belatti

Pandamasque wrote:
flynfrog wrote:That would require the forum idiots to think of some one besides there selves. Not going to happen
+1
+2
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

mx_tifoso

richard_leeds wrote:
Pandamasque wrote:
+2
+3
Belatti wrote:
Pandamasque wrote:
+1
+2
+3
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Giblet

Just keep me from posting ;)
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute