Force India VJM03 Mercedes

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
mangesh
mangesh

Re: Force India VJM03 Mercedes

any updates from FI for silverstone gp?

multisync
multisync

update coming soon I believe..should open up the gap again williams closed recently

auto saibot

saw f-duct details during silverstone qualifier on TV, it is very narrow indeed . can't get a pic of that

imightbewrong
imightbewrong

Courtesy of nextgen-auto.com

volarchico
volarchico

imightbewrong wrote:Courtesy of nextgen-auto.com
So FI has the strong vertical wing fence about half way out just like McLaren's new wing. Do the actuators live there?

marcush.
marcush.

there are two schools of thought ,i believe:

RedBull,Lotus ,Ferrari have fat endplates housing the actuators

Renault ,Mercedes,FI have the actuator housed in a rib situated considerably closer to the centreline of the car.
this bears a lot of mechanical advantage ,as the actuators for both solutions will be about the same weight ,the endplate solution will have much more leverage on the wingassembly so either you have to stiffen up the wing itself or you will have to live with bigger amplitudes of wing vibration...see REDBULL...

mangesh
mangesh

Force India to run blown diffuser in Hungary

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2010/07/28/f ... ent-405518

raceman

=D>

another 'possibly new concept' of the blown diffuser we will see; looking forward to it.

multisync
multisync

raceman wrote:=D>

another 'possibly new concept' of the blown diffuser we will see; looking forward to it.

Indeed as I alluded to previously with my 'Williams' quip....

Part of the delay was how to run it on the test bed?. Remember most models are passive with the air moving over the car rather than the car moving through the air. In order to test a EBD you need to get air forced through the lower body to simulate an exhaust..Not as easy as it sounds and difficult to work out if heat will be a factor when transfered to the real car..

Fingers crossed it will be the the improvment hoped for

marcush.
marcush.

hey they test 40%or even 50% scale today..that is not a small model ....sure you could put a hot air blower in such a model...with the same problems of managing the heat.. :mrgreen:

multisync
multisync

marcush. wrote:hey they test 40%or even 50% scale today..that is not a small model ....sure you could put a hot air blower in such a model...with the same problems of managing the heat.. :mrgreen:

Small team, small budget: small models!

rocking7575
rocking7575

to : Small team, small budget: small models!...

ya its a small team but making its huge presence....its their third year but their points are more than Williams & BMW Sauber..

so they are showing their ability and their dedication of work...

with the help of their Blown Diffuser they will back with BANG...

I LOVE FORCE INDIA.. =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

multisync
multisync

rocking7575 wrote:to : Small team, small budget: small models!...

ya its a small team but making its huge presence....its their third year but their points are more than Williams & BMW Sauber..

so they are showing their ability and their dedication of work...

with the help of their Blown Diffuser they will back with BANG...

I LOVE FORCE INDIA.. =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Well, I love fish and chips but I don't eat them every day..nor would I ever be convinced it was the best meal...

If you read my posts most if not all are FI positive. My comment were in response to the possibility of them having 40-50% size WT models. My statement above is true as to the size of the team, finances and wind tunnel model size as they are a small team, under funded and the models are around 1/10 full size

Believe me I also want them to do well, not because of VJ but because the team doing what they do dispite ever increasing odds..

czt
czt

multisync wrote: My comment were in response to the possibility of them having 40-50% size WT models. My statement above is true as to the size of the team, finances and wind tunnel model size as they are a small team, under funded and the models are around 1/10 full size
I don't think anyone on the grid is running a model smaller than 50%. A 10% scale model would be useless for designing an F1 car.

marcush.
marcush.

czt wrote:
multisync wrote: My comment were in response to the possibility of them having 40-50% size WT models. My statement above is true as to the size of the team, finances and wind tunnel model size as they are a small team, under funded and the models are around 1/10 full size
I don't think anyone on the grid is running a model smaller than 50%. A 10% scale model would be useless for designing an F1 car.

Lotus "borrowed" their 2009 windchannelmodel ,right? that was a really big toy...aerolab who where their partners can test up to 60% ..what is the limit they are allowed by FIA ..it is 50% ?