LG F1 Racing Survey in Association with FOTA

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Slife
Slife

LG F1 Racing Survey in Association with FOTA

http://www.lgf1racingfansurvey.com/home.aspx

It is kinda long but does ask many questions.

I know on the forums some people were discussing longer races, and that was mentioned in the survey too.

roost89
roost89

Re: LG F1 Racing Survey in Association with FOTA

Completed the survey.
The question of longer races has been in my head for a while, this sort of prompted me to ask the question in a bid to flesh it out.
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

luca
luca

I took the survey as well.
Some questions/suggestions were actually interesting, like that one.
Of course, I'm all for a longer race or longer season. :D

Confused_Andy
Confused_Andy

its simple, strongly disagree with everything until you get to the question including HD TV, then strongly agree with it.

raceman

survey taken :P

longer distance or longer season, whatever it is, all welcome as it will just increase my F1 watching time :wink:

nipo
nipo

I think for the racing itself, the cars have to have more tolerance going off-line. Don't know how to achieve that, though, but it is the most important thing IMO.

For TV, I suppose more information, real-time analysis, more line-comparison, and split-screen views will make the show richer for the viewer. For instance, a pit-corrected order can be estimated at any point in the race, and that could be used to highlight perhaps a driver who has a possibility to go up the order by doing X seconds a lap faster than some other driver. Bottomline is F1 is not an easy sport to follow and if you have poor commentators (like we do in Hong Kong) it makes it worse.

And, interactive TV sounds really cool!

WhiteBlue

There were a lot of obvious questions left out.
  • do we really want the Q3 teams to start racing on the qualifying set of tyres
  • total ranking of all track and host countries to GPs instead of selecting five
  • do we need very loud engines or are quieter and more greener cars acceptable
  • what is the importance of technical freedom and variety to viewers
  • what do we think of Luca's dumb 3 car idea
  • how many North American races should F1 have
  • what exactly is acceptable in terms of ticket prices
  • should practise be covered by online TV financed by adds
  • should there be more practise instead of just 3 hours on fridays
list to be continued at your leasure
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)