Final 2010 Entry List & 2011 Tender

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
xpensive
xpensive

Re: Final 2010 Entry List & 2011 Tender

In all honesty, I'm afraid there won't be vey much to announce, we should be happy to keep HRT and Virgin as it is.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

marcush.
marcush.

is Epsilon more competent than Virgin?
from their result in LMP racing you could not see evidence of that.their car was nice but at no time really competitive ...idon´t know the reasons for that ...but Wirth surly had the stonger package ...admittedly with a lot of Honda (Acura)help.

If HRT chose them as supplier they be back to another first year car....In all honesty ,
the toyota option is at least short term the better prospect .

Can Epsilon even be selected without having secured finance? I don´t think Bernie will open his pocket again...

WhiteBlue

According to emerging rumours, the FIA has decided to leave the 13th team position vacant for the 2011 season.

It is believed that Epsilon Euskadi, and the Villeneuve/Durango alliance, were the only two contenders to make their Grand Prix debuts next year.

But according to the speculation early this week, F1's governing body has concluded that neither has a strong enough combination of engineering and financial resource.

It is believed the decision could be publicised after Friday's regular meeting of the World Motor Sport Council in Como (Italy).

Internally, the FIA is believed to have made the decision one week ago.
If the rumor is true, and it sounds solid, we could see a merger of Epsilon Euskadi and HRT for 2011.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

On what basis does it sound solid? It's a rumour. Name (and shame) your source.

WhiteBlue

FiA WMSC wrote:Following the press release of 19 March, 2010 calling for expressions of interest to participate in the 2011 and 2012 seasons of the FIA Formula One World Championship, a number of parties expressed their interest,' read an official statement from the governing body. 'It was considered that none of the candidates met the requirements to be granted an entry into the championship. Consequently, the allocation of the 13th team will not be granted
Rumors were founded it appears.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

marcush.
marcush.

EE now collaborating with HRT or do we see the Toyoza deal? Kolles seems to have a good
platform for negotiations who else could be interested in supply of one of the two chassis?
Viiladelprat could off cause put things a bit on the backburner and wait for the next team to collapse.but still without the necessary cash ...it will just not happen for epsilon

xpensive
xpensive

No surprise that the FIA didn't let a new team in for 2011, didn't take a genius to predict actually;
xpensive wrote:In all honesty, I'm afraid there won't be very much to announce, we should be happy to keep HRT and Virgin as it is.
With USF1 still in fresh memory, I think Jean Todt and the FIA set the bar a little higher this time around, but question remains on how many teams will atually make it to next years grid?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

747heavy

it´s not a stupid move by the FIA - IMHO
I don´t think we really "need" another HRT (nothing against them whatsoever), but by keeping the "offical" grid size at 26 cars, they keep the door open if any manufacturer has a change of heart, and want´s to come back in, without the need to buy out another team.
"Make the suspension adjustable and they will adjust it wrong ......
look what they can do to a carburetor in just a few moments of stupidity with a screwdriver."
- Colin Chapman

“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” - Leonardo da Vinci

Belatti
Belatti

New rumors are that Toro Rosso sells and that Epsilon is willing to buy that entry
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

segedunum
segedunum

Belatti wrote:New rumors are that Toro Rosso sells and that Epsilon is willing to buy that entry
The question is what car are they going to get? Torro Rosso doesn't own it. It's owned by Red Bull Technology. Are they just buying the slot?