Hispania F110

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
ESPImperium

Hispania F110

I thought, since the Stefna GP S-01 has got a thread and no one has seen what the Toyota TF110 has looked like, and wether it will or will not race, i though the Campos-Dallara Cosworth needs a thread of its own.

As its a Dallara, id recon its gonna keep up the Dallara model numbers that finised with Scuderia Italia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scuderia_Italia) with the Dallara 192 in 1992, and be called the 210 as the year is 2010. Also Dallara also use the same chassis numbering as Ferarri, where each chassis has its own number and isnt interupted for each new model, so will start with the number 29 as the last Dallara was the 192-28 that Pierluigi Martini used at the German and Hungarian GPs in 1992, finishing 11th at the Hockenhiem and retiring at the Hungaroring due to a gearbox issue.

The new cars will probably be finished in the pit garrages at Bahrain. So just making it there just off life support, but still in intensive care essencially. But with a strong team let by Colin Kolles and Geoff Willis, they will be just about there for mid season id recon.

Bruno Senna will be the main source for this teams results id recon, as if they get a un-experienced in F1 driver as his partner, i think they could be outshone quite quickly in the team and equiptment avalable.
Last edited by mx_tifoso on 17 Jun 2010, 00:26, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Changed thread title name, again.

wesley123

Re: Campos-Dallara Cosworth

What i didnt understand all the time was why they didnt ask senna for money or something, we all know Senna has a lot of sponsorship money, and what i've read Senna didnt pay for his seat at campos, that isnt actually logical and i would alomost say stupid. Campos may have asked it or not, it is unknown, but for what is known this is what i make up.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

sticky667

i read they were planning to use his name to bring sponsors.. but not to many showed their face.

hence the reason they are here now.

Giblet

wesley123 wrote:What i didnt understand all the time was why they didnt ask senna for money or something, we all know Senna has a lot of sponsorship money, and what i've read Senna didnt pay for his seat at campos, that isnt actually logical and i would alomost say stupid. Campos may have asked it or not, it is unknown, but for what is known this is what i make up.
They were quite proud about not looking for pay drivers, and if Ayrton's intelligence has trickled over and down to Bruno, he might not chuck his family money away into a hole that has no apparent bottom yet. He also might not have access to the money.

The Senna Foundation is a charitable organization, not a fund to supply a racing team with car parts.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

ESPImperium

Personally, if i were Adrian Campos, what id have done was look for one pay driver and one experienced paid driver, whitch there was a plenty. Id have asked Senna to be the pay driver, bringing $6 million of sponsor money to the team, with a driver like Christian Klien hired for arround $2 million. Also include a pay test and reserve driver as well, someone like Andy Soucek or Bentrand Bagette for arround $4 million as well, that would have ment that Campos would have been able to pay Dallara for the chassis. Then from there, its getting the operating sponsorship for the test to test and race to race running for the team, as the $10 million that each team gets from Bridgestone would have paid the $6 million to Cosworth for the season and $3.5 million to Xtrack for the spec engine and gearbox, and left arround $0.5million to be paid to McLaren Electronic Systems for the SECU and all the standard electronic gubbins for the cars.

What i think Adrian Campos saw was stars and lights, he ran before he could walk. The idea wasnt thought out that well. The team needed to be ran tight from day one, but was ran loosly arround a ideal that wasnt plausable in the real world or any post credit crunch world.

axle

The HRT Car is launched today...

Pictures will be on the web soon...

Thread will need renaming soon ;)
- Axle

imightbewrong

Since I like to be sneaky I sneaked around their unfinished web site and pulled out this, their website:
http://www.camposmeta.com/web.swf

Not sure how up-to-date it is.. but you can find this dossier:
http://www.camposmeta.com/EN_dossier.pdf

And from that dossier we have some pictures that I believe have been seen before(?):

gridwalker

I don't know about anyone else, but the name change made me giggle ...

Does anyone else here think that Hormone Replacement Therapy might be considered as a performance enhancer? ;)
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

thestig84

:) Those pics are the launch pics of MP4/24 painted black! Also the F60 in a pitstop...also painted black!

The wait for pictures of their own car continue!!

Hangaku

imightbewrong wrote: And from that dossier we have some pictures that I believe have been seen before(?):
All of which are fake. The jpeg artefacts on these images are SO bad. I hope Campos didn't mock these up themselves, or I fear that the actual car might not look much better!
Yer.

Hangaku

imightbewrong wrote:Since I like to be sneaky I sneaked around their unfinished web site and pulled out this, their website:
http://www.camposmeta.com/web.swf
Also, this was the live website they were running with since last year. Again, the effort put into it doesn't bode well for the team!
Yer.

horse

Hangaku wrote:Also, this was the live website they were running with since last year. Again, the effort put into it doesn't bode well for the team!
I don't think it's fair to judge a team by its website! Brawn's was awful when they kicked off last year and Sauber don't have one!
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

thestig84

scarbs

imightbewrong wrote:Since I like to be sneaky I sneaked around their unfinished web site and pulled out this, their website:
And from that dossier we have some pictures that I believe have been seen before(?):
That looks suspiciously like a photoshopped McLaren mp4-24

thestig84

Bit late. See my post (9th reply)