Hispania F110

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
zgred

Re: Hispania F110

doopie2you

TheRMVR wrote:
doopie2you wrote:I don't know why, but i like the Hispania F1 team. I think they got lots of potentials to become the new Force India and finish in the points.

It is obvious they have a terrible package this year, and they don't have a high budget like McLaren so they can't just go spend allot of money to make a new one. But if i were team principle I think I would organise some sort of action that allows young engineers who are following a study for designing and development of racing cars the change to design their own CFD F1 car. This way you get a car just like Virgin. And because Virgin is doing better then Hispania this year i think that is a good idea. Then they got this whole season to test parts and make theme reliable and then next year they can start fighting in the back of the field!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD21oN-8cV4[/youtube]
Why do you think they've got potential? There is no good chassis, there aren't any talented designers, there is no money, no long term sponsors and the drivers aren't the top either.

I just see no potential at all. Lotus on the other hand has potential. A very steady and solid base, enough money to secure their participance, some good designers, good drivers with a lot of experience and above all a good spirit and a clear mission or goal.

I think Virgin is somewhere in between, but if I've to put my money on who's going to be the next FI of the new teams, it would be Lotus without a doubt.
If I had to put my money on who's the first team to drop out it would be Hispania.
Just have a feeling, that they could be a very successful team. Sorry no facts os something
What does IDK means?? (someone) i dont know (other dude) OMG no one knows

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Just having a look at my data, Hispania are within a single drivers race distance of Virgin after Germany for total distance, including testing. This means that Hispania are eating up a deficit of 1,777.205km going into Bahrain.

Race Distances:
Lotus = 12,576.254
Virgin = 11,124.558
Hispania = 12,077.115

Test Distances:
Lotus = 2,718.995
Virgin = 1,777.205
Hispania = 0

Total Distances:
Lotus = 15,295.249
Virgin = 12,901.763
Hispania = 12,077.115

bar555
bar555

I always enjoy to read your stats ESPImperium :!: Another fact , judging form race distances , is that despite test km distance deficit HRT seems to be more reliable than virgin . I have to admit that HRT passion reminds me Minardi's passion :!:
Future is like walking into past......

Blog : http://formula1techandart.wordpress.com/
Twitter :http://twitter.com/bar555onF1

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Hispania have had 13 classified finishes
Virgin have had 10 classified finishes
Lotus have had 11 classified finishes

So the HRT F110 is the most relyable, but not the quickest car. THE F110 has became good sinply because thay have refined what they have had since about Bahrain, also they have been used as the test bed for Xtrac for their 2011 spec gearbox seemingly, Virgin have been using the 2010 box, Lotus have been using their own box from Spain, the origins of that box are from the Toyota/Xtrac one that was used in the TF108, Lotus used the same gearbox that was used by Virgin and Hispania as well.

doopie2you

Looking forward, that Toyota Motorsport works with Hispania. I think that will prove a good solid financial base. And with the knowledge of Toyota Engineers they could just make a good car for next year.
What does IDK means?? (someone) i dont know (other dude) OMG no one knows

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

doopie2you wrote:Looking forward, that Toyota Motorsport works with Hispania. I think that will prove a good solid financial base. And with the knowledge of Toyota Engineers they could just make a good car for next year.
And if they ditch Cosworth power, and put in the RVX-09 from last year, if the RVX-09 has undergone any upgrades outside the engine freeze, would be a good call!!!

If the put Senna or Chandhok with Nakajimma with Klien as the Test Driver, it could be a fruitful team, especially with Pascal Vasselon and Geoff Willis being the main designers and Colin Kolles being the Principle, it would be a strong team from a drivers point and management point of view.

marcush.
marcush.

We can possibly say the HRT is a good benchmark for car development this year.
they run very view new parts and they started the season without any testing .
starting at 109% of pole time they have worked down to 106% in Hockenheim and possibly the end of the potential for this car without new parts.with that approach we can count back to Bahrein put in those 106% and voila we have the true and real
gins made by the teams since start of the season... i have not yet done this but I bet the gains are much smaller than anticipated... :mrgreen:

Holm86

Who is going to build HRT's car for next year?? Are they able to buildt it themselves?

Could the rumor of HRT merging together with Epsilon Euskadi be true?
HRT got a gridposition for 2011 and a whole year of F1 experience wich EE defenetly could use and EE got the facilities to build a F1 car. And they are both spanish.

Could have some potential if these rumors are true.

raceman

^^gr8

I sincerely wish that EE should get a chance, come what and how may, to race in F1. If buying (damn) HRT is one of the option, so be it!

forty-two

Re: Campos-Dallara Cosworth

It's interesting that in both instances, the car shown features things which are banned in the 2010 season. There's a refuelling hose in the pitstop image and the front wheel of the black car has a front wheel brake duct/fairing fitted.

Perhaps they would have been faster if they'd gone for the black paint job though!
The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the Universe and ... Everything?

scarbs
scarbs

Re: Campos-Dallara Cosworth

Err... that was just a blacked out McLaren MP4-24, photoshopped for the website

RAF
RAF

So who is building their car for 2011? Surely they should be quite far into the design stage by now...

seenathkumar
seenathkumar

Yes i think they have been with there designs. I am exited to see it soon.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

seenathkumar wrote:Yes i think they have been with there designs. I am exited to see it soon.
I hope that by "soon" you mean February or March. :?
We won't see any 2011 machines before that, and I don't expect these guys to be among the first batch of launches.

RAF wrote:So who is building their car for 2011? Surely they should be quite far into the design stage by now...
IIRC HRT is designing the next chassis in house.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.