Australian GP 2010 - Melbourne

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
narkie
narkie

Re: Australian GP 2010 (Melbourne)

25 mins to P1, im in front of the TV (and can hear the cars from my living room), bottle of champs in hand. this is living! :lol: :lol: :lol:

WhiteBlue

Just 15 min to the lights out for the FP1.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

narkie wrote:25 mins to P1, im in front of the TV (and can hear the cars from my living room), bottle of champs in hand. this is living! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Isn't 'living' being at the race itself?! :lol:

I have a personal decleration: I HATE SPEED TV!!!
They're not showing FP1! They'd rather show a stupid road race show than F1! WTF??

Just FP2 in four hours.

I need a link for an online stream site, pretty please! :D PM...
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

narkie
narkie

heya mx. Ive been to the last few Melbourne GPs, fun but expensive so im sitting this one out. btw if you think speedtv stinks you should try the treatment we aussies get from our 'dedicated' Channel ONE sports channel. they barely mention f1 all year except for this weekend (plus their commentators are incompetant).

N

WhiteBlue

nice weather

Paul di Resta will be driving the Force India of Sutil today.

And off they are for an installation lap.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

WhiteBlue

Merc No 3 is the first to start the practise proper.

Just an additional installation lap.

narkie
narkie

does anyone have a link to speed trap information? I want to see if that force india is as fast in a straight line as it looks.

WhiteBlue

Senna on track
first flying lap is 1:39,329

WhiteBlue

narkie wrote:does anyone have a link to speed trap information? I want to see if that force india is as fast in a straight line as it looks.

You can log into FOM live timing.

http://www.formula1.com/live_timing/

It is on page two.

Di Grassi is 5.6 s behind Senna.

Chandok is now 0.011 s on P1
Last edited by WhiteBlue on 26 Mar 2010, 04:03, edited 1 time in total.

narkie
narkie

thanks WB, I feel foolish :oops: :oops: :oops:

WhiteBlue

Di Grassi is 5.6 s behind Senna.

Chandok is now 0.011 s on P1

Kovalainen takes it down to 1:36.810

Hamilton 1:30.076

Kobayashi takes a pylon out and breakes his front wing off.

They get the red flag out to recover the wing debris

And it is green again with 44 min left.

narkie
narkie

oh dear, rumors Virgin made their fuel tank 12 litres too small.

opps

WhiteBlue

narkie wrote:oh dear, rumors Virgin made their fuel tank 12 litres too small.

opps
Glock actually denied that rumor.

its heating up now

horse

Ha Ha. A. Davidson was asked to explain the stalling wing. So he says that "if you stall an aircraft wing it falls out of the sky, but a F1 has downforce rather than lift so when it stalls...." and then I can hear him think "I can't say it will fly, as that doesn't happen, so I'll just say it will crash if it tries to take a corner."

:)
WhiteBlue wrote:Glock actually denied that rumor.
BBC said FIA circulated a memo to all the teams explaining that they should take care as the virgin may run out of fuel before race distance due to the fuel tank specifically.

And Kobayashi's wing has just fallen off. Pillars broke off at the connection to the nose.
Last edited by horse on 26 Mar 2010, 04:31, edited 1 time in total.
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

WhiteBlue

Kobayashi has a front wing failure and takes a ride out into a gravel bed. Second red flag.

Green flag at 28 min remaining.