HRT friday driver ....best candidate ?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
lebesset
lebesset

HRT friday driver ....best candidate ?

needed to

provide a benchmark for their rookie drivers

help to develop the car

various names have been bandied about , but my suggestion would be anthony davidson ...accomplished test/development driver with F1 race experience ; whether he could fit it in with his ALMS and BBC jobs is another matter

overall , from what I have seen in testing , I would go for pedro DLR but he seems to be otherwise engaged
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

PNSD
PNSD

Re: HRT friday driver ....best candidate ?

They need a driver who has current F1 experience of these new cars.

Theres only one man it could, and should be imo. Nick Heidfeld. He wont be released from his contract but he is the perfect candidate.

Giblet
Giblet

Anthony Davidson would be another excellent candidate. He's always been a good and quick tester.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Ted68

Heidfeld to M. Schumacher's seat and loan Schumi to HRT for the rest of the season. HRT gets a great test driver, Mercedes gets more points and Mikey gets current F1 experience. Maybe next season The Schu can have his seat back after Heidfeld goes to Force India.
Heaven: Where the cooks are French, the police are British, the lovers are Greek, the mechanics are German, and it is all organized by the Swiss.

Hell: Where the cooks are British, the police are German, the lovers are Swiss, the mechanics are French, and it is all organized by the Greeks.

Dukeage
Dukeage

Ant Davidson would be a good option, possibly Takuma Sato due to his experience, and ability to gain sponsorship ...

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Kazuki Nakajimma, the frozen out Japaneese man would be good.

But personally id leave it as is for the team. Its only their first year, and their drivers are showing promise that in a quicker car would show menace.

lebesset
lebesset

unfortunately ross brawn says that schumi isn't much good as a development driver , doesn't give good feed back .....as long as there is a bit of oversteer he will drive it like that
when eddie irvine was at ferrari he always did the set up for schu , only problem for him was that schu could always drive it faster than he could !
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

Italiano
Italiano

Schumacher, Michael? Not a development driver? :roll:
#Forza Michael #Forza Jules

creedbratton
creedbratton

I don't think HRT should have a friday test driver, they should be giving the 2 rookies they already have as much time in the car as possible. With that they should be able to learn what different set-ups feel like and then what the car needs to suit their driving style, which is a basis for future development.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Exactly, Creedbratton. Their two race drivers barely have any time behind an F1 car as to take whatever mileage their car can muster out before breaking down and giving it to a reserve/test driver.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

raymondu999

Not to mention it makes little sense to have rookies as racers and an experienced guy as tester :roll: But my vote goes out to Klien though :P
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

marcush.
marcush.

test driver...
I´d say you need a good pairing of driver and engineer to get the most benefit.

from my perspective you need to understand that the most adaptable driver will not necessarily yield any news in terms of car development...but then driver who only
is confident when the car is on the spot will definitively.

So putting those two little devils into the car for the whole weekend is maybe not the best choice..because they sure know how to drive fast ,but do they know what they need from the car to get the most out of the package? i´m pretty sure a old hand
will help a lot to inspire them.
But who would go to HRT ?

raceman

Ted68 wrote:Heidfeld to M. Schumacher's seat and loan Schumi to HRT for the rest of the season. HRT gets a great test driver, Mercedes gets more points and Mikey gets current F1 experience. Maybe next season The Schu can have his seat back after Heidfeld goes to Force India.
:lol:

+1

lebesset
lebesset

who would go to HRT ?
well , they have already said a PAID test driver
and I think any driver looking to earn a living in F1 is the answer....what would improving the car do for your CV ?

although I like the jokey/ impossible answers , it is a serious question !

raymondu999

Actually that's quite true. Especially if someone can improve the car to the (unlikely) point of winning races by early 2011... That driver would be an instant hit... :twisted:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法