Max says Ferrari and Montezemolo crap

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
WhiteBlue

Max says Ferrari and Montezemolo crap

http://www.f1technical.net/news/14691

He said Luca is a charming person but weak and Ferrari cannot compete with the other teams on a low budget. The first claim is probably difficult to understand unless you look into the set up of the dream team. Monte got Todt who formed the team but when it came to moving on and giving Todt and Brawn a chance at Ferrari he messed up. Ferrari lost a lot with that decision and may not recover soon. In fact they will probably go down from here.

The second issue with Ferrari is obvious when you look at the current figures. Ferrari operates with almost twice the resources that other teams have. They have pulled out of the 2009 development in favor of this years machine and still they have not been able to build a chassis on the level of Red Bull.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

vall

Re: Max says Ferrari and Montezemolo crap

WhiteBlue wrote:http://www.f1technical.net/news/14691

He said Luca is a charming person but weak and Ferrari cannot compete with the other teams on a low budget. The first claim is probably difficult to understand unless you look into the set up of the dream team. Monte got Todt who formed the team but when it came to moving on and giving Todt and Brawn a chance at Ferrari he messed up. Ferrari lost a lot with that decision and may not recover soon. In fact they will probably go down from here.

The second issue with Ferrari is obvious when you look at the current figures. Ferrari operates with almost twice the resources that other teams have. They have pulled out of the 2009 development in favor of this years machine and still they have not been able to build a chassis on the level of Red Bull.
They were far behind last year and even though they put lots of resources on the 2010 car you cannot expect to close the gap that soon. Macca is another example. At the end of last year there were very close to the top, but they are still behind RBR and now as it seems even after Ferrari. And Macca are not lacking resources and good engineers.

Jersey Tom

Max speaking of Luca's character.. coming from a guy who has Nazi sex parties.

We're only 4 races in. Ferrari won the first race with a 1-2 victory. Until last week they were leading the WCC.

Little early to be counting them out.
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.

manchild

I zink he needs more of zee punishment. Image

:lol:

timbo

manchild wrote:I zink he needs more of zee punishment. Image

Yeah))) He would show hookers his article so that they would ask less)))

Funny he called him weak, after ultimately FOTA won.

autogyro

timbo wrote:

No F1 lost big time.

Belatti

WhiteBlue wrote: He said Luca is a charming person but weak and Ferrari cannot compete with the other teams on a low budget.
then
WhiteBlue wrote: Max says Ferrari and Montezemolo crap
:roll:

Are you from the yellow press or what?
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

gibells

...Max didn't get his Enzo?

lebesset

why a second thread in 2 days on the same subject ?
looks like max has been reading the first one :D
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

timbo

autogyro wrote:
timbo wrote:

No F1 lost big time.
Whatever your opinion was it good for F1 or not it does tell that Luca is not "weak".

Giblet

When the breakaway was in the process of being threatened, there was a WMSC meeting where Luca, Bernie and Max held a small press conference, to announce to the world that they had come to an agreement about costs being reduced to 1990 levels by 2011.

Max also told the council he would not be going for re-election in October.

Luca, after this happy press conference where they were all holding hands, decided to take it upon himself to tell an Italian TV network that they had "Toppled the Dictator". That IS weak.

Max responded by then threatening to back out of his decision, and maybe run again in October.

Not before however, he told the press that Luca's CEO referred to him as a "bella figura".

A couple of days later, Luca called Max and said "Let's stop and call it a draw".

In short, like or love Max, Luca repeatedly and openly says crap as much as anyone, and if his CEO thinks he is just a mouthpiece, that can be hard to argue.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

timbo

Giblet wrote:In short, like or love Max, Luca repeatedly and openly says crap as much as anyone, and if his CEO thinks he is just a mouthpiece, that can be hard to argue.
So, it was Max who told how Luca's CEO called him? And BTW WHO is Luca's CEO? As Luca at the time was FIAT's chairman.

Giblet

WHO is Sergio Marchionne?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergio_Marchionne

THAT is Sergio Marchionne.

Chairman != CEO

Don't worry Timbo I like to check facts before I post them.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

autogyro

Luca was head of Fota which Ferrari and the other big manufacturers set up mainly to keep their huge budgets in the face of the banking collapse (greed or what?) and to delay the introduction of Kers, which they knew would effect their road going gas guzzlers and they were not ready for the public response.

As soon as these facts began to be revealed in the world press, Luca resigned as head of Fota and left it to an even weaker man to run.

If anybody noticed, Luca has also stepped down from his Fiat position, which is Fiat trying to distance itself from the flack.

The man is much more than weak he is a liar.
Max on the other hand has been proven absolutely correct in the way the WC had planned F1 in 2008 and it is only now that things are going back to that direction. Todt is still looking for a head of F1 and I know who I would choose.
The job would get done properly.

Pup
Pup

WhiteBlue wrote:http://www.f1technical.net/news/14691

I've never understood Luca's unwillingness to turn the team over to Brawn. Was Todt unwilling to move on quickly enough for Brawn? Did the Agnelli's pressure Luca into returning the team to Italian hands? It's never made any sense to me.