Max says Ferrari and Montezemolo crap

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Giblet
Giblet

Re: Max says Ferrari and Montezemolo crap

timbo wrote:
Giblet wrote:So if Max wasn't there, they would have stayed spending 100s of million a year?
Maybe without Mosley's diplomacy style they would agree on cost cap measures faster?

Also, I stated many times, you can reduce budgets but you can't guarantee manufacturers' presence in F1. They have other business to do.

And if you really want to hail a doom-sayer, why not hail Stoddart?
Stoddart was the voice of reason, wrapped up in loud over the top rants.

You should also look at the time line I posted. It was the FOTA teams that kept refusing to meet. FOTA, the group that Luca no longer heads.

It was also FOTA who wanted to be the ones to put cost cap measures in place, but dragged their heels and never did so.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

donskar
donskar

I know trying to reason with Ferrari/Montezemolo bashers is like offering water to rabid dogs, so . . . drink up!

SOURCE: Automotive News Europe -- April 20, 2010 12:05 CET
UPDATED: April 20 16:05 CET

TURIN – Luca Cordero di Montezemolo will quit as Fiat S.p.A. chairman, the company said in a statement Tuesday. Montezemolo will stay on Fiat Group's board and will remain chairman of the company's Ferrari sports car subsidiary.

Montezemolo is stepping down on the eve of the presentation of Fiat Group's 2010-2014 business plan because he has "completed the assignment given to him" when he was appointed chairman in May 2004, the statement says.

Montezemolo will go into politics, three sources close to the company said. They added that Montezemolo is quitting the post because he does not agree with CEO Sergio Marchionne's future strategy for the Italian industrial conglomerate's auto business.

Fiat vice chairman John Elkann will replace Montezemolo, sources said.

Elkann, 34, is chairman of the Agnelli family holding company Exor S.p.A, which controls 30 percent of Fiat, Italy's largest manufacturer. He is the grandson of former Fiat Chairman Giovanni Agnelli and was designated by his grandfather, who died in 2003, to succeed him as the leader of the family's business interests.
Still on the Board. Still Chairman of Ferrari. Plans to go into politics.

Was he "fired?" Not officially, but such mutual partings are not uncommon at the upper levels of businesses. BTW, how many of you would mind being "fired" into the chairmanship of Ferrari?
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

autogyro
autogyro

At this time with the world economy as it is, there is only one type of person Fiat needs at the head of Ferrari.
A scape goat.

donskar
donskar

autogyro wrote:At this time with the world economy as it is, there is only one type of person Fiat needs at the head of Ferrari.
A scape goat.
As a matter of fact (yeah, I know, incongruous here), when Italians get in trouble they turn to la famiglia (I'm half Italian). Blood is thicker than water. Montezemolo was replaced by,
Agnelli family heir John Elkann
Not that Elkann has nothing going for him but family ties:
Elkann, the grandson of former Chairman Giovanni Agnelli, is currently Fiat vice chairman and head of the family's holding company.
SOURCE: Automotive News Europe -- April 21, 2010 08:53 CET
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

Giblet
Giblet

So Luca is no longer representing the needs of FOTA other than a vote, and no longer has any input to the money guys at FIAT (the board). He has to ask for his allowance now.

I think Luca has a place in Ferrari/Fiat, and a valuable one, but I can't help but think if your CEO refers to you as a Bella Figura then, you might as well look your best and wear nice suits!
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

ISLAMATRON

andrew wrote:
autogyro wrote:Montezemolo is a little motor mouth man by comparison.
A motor mouth? Because he stood up against Mosley when he had his war on the manufacturers? F1 needs more people like Luca di Montezemolo. When he was the head of FOTA he clearly had F1's best interests at heart. Hopefully Whitmarsh will continue the good work done by LDM.
F1's best interest at heart? But yet he changes all his positions 180 degrees in less than a year? He is an embecile who can not recognize the true situation on the ground until he is beat over the head with reality. He has no vision. But yet allows diarrhea to fall out of his mouth constantly.

He is a worthless shell of a hUman being and brings absolutely nothing good to F1.