Max says Ferrari and Montezemolo crap

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
TheRMVR

Re: Max says Ferrari and Montezemolo crap

Giblet wrote:WHO is Sergio Marchionne?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergio_Marchionne

THAT is Sergio Marchionne.

Chairman != CEO

Don't worry Timbo I like to check facts before I post them.
You might know a lot about Formula 1 but obviously not about corporate structures.
Chairman in publicly traded companies is never the same as a CEO.

As of 2004 Luca diMontezemolo became Chairman of the FIAT S.p.A company and in the same year Marchionne became CEO. Those are two different things. Chairman is in fact higher up the hierarchy in a company than CEO. So DiMotezemolo was the highest person at Fiat untill a couple of days ago when John Elkann (grandson of Gianni Agnelli) became Chairman.

Pup
Pup

TheRMVR wrote:

Chairman != CEO

You might know a lot about Formula 1 but obviously not about corporate structures.

As of 2004 Luca diMontezemolo became Chairman of the FIAT S.p.A company and in the same year Marchionne became CEO. Those are two different things. Chairman is in fact higher up the hierarchy in a company than CEO. So DiMotezemolo was the highest person at Fiat untill a couple of days ago when John Elkann (grandson of Gianni Agnelli) became Chairman.
You might know a lot about corporate structures, but obviously not about computer science notation.

"!=" means "does not equal".

:wink:

timbo
timbo

TheRMVR wrote:As of 2004 Luca diMontezemolo became Chairman of the FIAT S.p.A company and in the same year Marchionne became CEO. Those are two different things. Chairman is in fact higher up the hierarchy in a company than CEO. So DiMotezemolo was the highest person at Fiat untill a couple of days ago when John Elkann (grandson of Gianni Agnelli) became Chairman.
That is the point I was trying to make. CEO of a chairman is just not how things are run.

timbo
timbo

autogyro wrote:As soon as these facts began to be revealed in the world press, Luca resigned as head of Fota and left it to an even weaker man to run.
What facts exactly? There were NO groundbraking revelations since the sh*tstorm settled. If you're not considering Flavio's case.
If anybody noticed, Luca has also stepped down from his Fiat position, which is Fiat trying to distance itself from the flack.
Actually his in his 60+. You may as likely say that FIA is trying to distance from Max. Which is actually more likely seeing how Jean runs things.
Max on the other hand has been proven absolutely correct in the way the WC had planned F1 in 2008 and it is only now that things are going back to that direction. Todt is still looking for a head of F1 and I know who I would choose.
The job would get done properly.
Todt won't choose Max. Not in a million years. For one, Jean knows exactly how Max used to do things.

TheRMVR

Pup wrote:
TheRMVR wrote:

Chairman != CEO

You might know a lot about corporate structures, but obviously not about computer science notation.

"!=" means "does not equal".

:wink:
Pfff all that computer nonsense, how should a normal person be able to understand that? What happened to just typing the words, is that too much asked? :D

I apologize for my mistake.

Pup
Pup

:lol: Welcome to the forum. :P

Personally, I think this is all a bunch of nothing. FIAT is restructuring in preparation for a selloff of their car group to Chrysler and Luca has no reason to be a part of that since Marchionne will be doing the deal. The Max story is completely unrelated, and appears to just be another sensationalist collection of the man's sad and bitter insults against men who actually achieved something in life.

Pandamasque

Immediately after seeing the headline (I didn't read the article, couldn't be bothered about that nonsense) I had a funny thought "right, and now a certain maxlovingferrarihating forum member will create a thread to ride his favourite pony a bit more :) ". So I go to the forum and what do I see...

jon-mullen

Without the office, Max is just another a--hole with an opinion.
Loud idiot in red since 2010
United States Grand Prix Club, because there's more to racing than NASCAR

segedunum
segedunum

Given that we had a time where Ferrari appeared to be favoured quite strongly, and where Mosley at one time believed manufacturer teams were the future to the point where he told Frank Williams that his business model as an independent team owner was finished, I find all this so ironic it isn't even funny.

WhiteBlue

This thread is not so much about Max and how much he needs "zee punishment". I don't agree with Pup that Max simply wants to belittle Ferrari and their blue blooded leader.

It could be a "name and shame" exercise to make people aware how much Ferrari have manipulated F1 for their own particular interests in the past and that there is danger that they will continue to do so. And I think that Max could be the sword in Jean Todt's hand as they are playing "good cop, bad cop".

We have a huge decision coming up very soon how F1 will continue with a new formula. And again it appears as if Ferrari are the opposition to the FiA proposal of a down scaled high efficiency engine with integrated KERS and HERS (GRE). This engine will open F1 again to main stream car manufacturers and will isolate Ferrari as a super sports car manufacturer who has no common marketing objectives with the rest of the world.

Main stream manufacturers will face a lowering of the average fleet CO2 emission limits from 135 g/km now to 30 g/km in 2040. To meet those standards they will need to drastically embrace fuel efficiency by light weight cars, high efficient combustion and energy recovery. But they cannot expect to come anywhere near the target without ever increasing percentages of fully electric vehicles. By 2050 the German government expects 70% of the total automotive traffic in Germany to be equipped with fully electric propulsion. The target for 2020 is 2%. It is obvious that such legislation and market conditions will have a strong impact on the consumer choices and the manufacturers offerings.

The FiA is aware of what goes on. They are willing to have F1 follow the trends in the automotive industry to keep F1 politically viable and involve the manufacturers again. In my view F1 needs the participation of brands like Audi, Porsche, Aston Martin and Peugeot as much as Mercedes, Ferrari and McLaren. F1 needs the continuation of the excitement and spectacle but it also needs to be seen in line with the environmental policies that people will encounter in the next decade. We are living post oil peak and on a planet that is heating up due to excessive use of fossil fuels and nothing will change this fact.

In this world Ferrari cannot be allowed to make F1 their personal kingdom with exclusive rights to shield them from competition and third cars to keep out other teams. If there is a sentence that applies nicely it must be: Stop Ferrari!
Last edited by WhiteBlue on 22 Apr 2010, 18:30, edited 1 time in total.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Giblet
Giblet

Ooops.
You weren't talking to me, edited in lieu of deletion.

I am taking a Java programming course right now, and am all over operators.

Sorry to confuse you on your first outing into the waters here :)
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

autogyro
autogyro

jon-mullen wrote:Without the office, Max is just another a--hole with an opinion.
Max still holds a major position on the FIA world council, so sorry but your insults are based on sand again.

Giblet
Giblet

How's this for a-hole:

"Where I consider myself very fortunate is that I have not, since 1994, had to confront a real problem in Formula One - the death or incapacitating injury of a driver, although- very sadly, we have twice lost a marshal These are the only times I deeply care. Problems like so-called Spygate, Liegate, and Crashgate controversies don't really matter. Everyone is still walking around. It's the awful finalityof death or incapacity that gets to you when you are ultimately responsible."

I have learned a lot about Mosley in recent months, and my opinion of him, outside his sex life, has improved greatly. If you just follow the headlines that sensational journos pump out to sell rags and mags, you will have an opinion such as theirs, and rightly so.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

timbo
timbo

Giblet wrote:"Where I consider myself very fortunate is that I have not, since 1994, had to confront a real problem in Formula One - the death or incapacitating injury of a driver, although- very sadly, we have twice lost a marshal These are the only times I deeply care. Problems like so-called Spygate, Liegate, and Crashgate controversies don't really matter. Everyone is still walking around. It's the awful finalityof death or incapacity that gets to you when you are ultimately responsible."
Well, it seems that was said after Henry Surtees death (crashgate noted)? Not too sensible of him.

Giblet
Giblet

timbo wrote:
Giblet wrote:"Where I consider myself very fortunate is that I have not, since 1994, had to confront a real problem in Formula One - the death or incapacitating injury of a driver, although- very sadly, we have twice lost a marshal These are the only times I deeply care. Problems like so-called Spygate, Liegate, and Crashgate controversies don't really matter. Everyone is still walking around. It's the awful finalityof death or incapacity that gets to you when you are ultimately responsible."
Well, it seems that was said after Henry Surtees death (crashgate noted)? Not too sensible of him.

The very next sentence in the quote:

"Fatalities get less publicity in other categories of competition, but still happen despite all our efforts."

This is the crux of the problem and what I find to be the duality of Mosley. He needs to be taken as a whole, not as a series of sound bites and out of context quotes which is why I find him to be better as the FIA head the more I read about him.