Turkish GP 2010 - Istanbul Park

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Richard
Richard

Re: Turkish GP 2010 - Istanbul Park

feynman wrote:....
You seem to take this very personally. If you don't like McL to this extent then why not support another team?

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

komninosm wrote:
andrew wrote:Both were told to save fuel and the radio transmissions to both were broadcast during the race coverage. Based on their lap times not really increasing and Hamilton being caught napping I am sure it was a coded message.
You really hate Hamilton don't you? [-X
In what way was Hamilton caught napping? It's not like he was followed by another team's car (like one might say Alonso got caught na napping by Schumacher and be half-right). You are totally wrong. You might say he was lied to, or that Button tried to cheat a place, but you certainly can't say Hamilton was caught napping in this case. :^o
I really hate Hamilton? WTF has that got to do with anything? If he wasn't caught napping explain how Button passed him? Given the team order to hold station I can only assume that he was going to slow and Button had to get past to keep the pace.

Button tried to cheat a place? You really hate Button don't you? [-X You are totally wrong. :lol:

Paul Oz

andrew wrote: I really hate Hamilton? WTF has that got to do with anything? If he wasn't caught napping explain how Button passed him? Given the team order to hold station I can only assume that he was going to slow and Button had to get past to keep the pace.

Button tried to cheat a place? You really hate Button don't you? [-X You are totally wrong. :lol:
Well..... Lewis was categorically told that Jenson wouldnt try to pass him - so that'd kinda explain him not being prepared for it don't you think?

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

He still needed team orders to win though. Pity Button was told to hold station or there might have been some racing, or they would have taken each other off.

Richard
Richard

andrew wrote:He still needed team orders to win though.
Did he? They were both running in formation for several laps with little difference in speed. We'll never know the true pace for either driver.

Paul Oz

andrew wrote:He still needed team orders to win though. Pity Button was told to hold station or there might have been some racing, or they would have taken each other off.
What evidence is there that button was told to hold station? None. In fact are they allowed to say that? Pretty sure theyre not.

Richard
Richard

Paul Oz wrote:What evidence is there that button was told to hold station? None.
When the order to save fuel came through, with the explicit notification that both drivers have the same order. Hamilton said later that they were given target lap times. That forced the cars to hold station.

raymondu999

They said to hamilton that both were doing the same. But we don't know that for sure.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Paul Oz

richard_leeds wrote:
Paul Oz wrote:What evidence is there that button was told to hold station? None.
When the order to save fuel came through, with the explicit notification that both drivers have the same order.
That was before the overtake! Jenson said in an interview, very genuinely IMO, that if the instruction to conserve fuel was a coded way to say not to attack Lewis, that wasnt how he understood it.

aral
aral

raymondu999 wrote:They said to hamilton that both were doing the same. But we don't know that for sure.
Whitmarsh stated that BOTH were to slow down to conserve fuel. And after Buttons attack on Hamilton, he was AGAIN told to slow down! If thats not team orders, I don't know what is!

Paul Oz

gilgen wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:They said to hamilton that both were doing the same. But we don't know that for sure.
Whitmarsh stated that BOTH were to slow down to conserve fuel. And after Buttons attack on Hamilton, he was AGAIN told to slow down! If thats not team orders, I don't know what is!
Well yeah..... its team orders to save fuel :wtf: :wink:

Richard
Richard

So how do you save fuel? You slow down and hit a reduced target lap time. Hence teams can dictate the pace of their cars. That's what McL did, and RB ballsed up

zenithbeach

lol looks like some people on here still believe f1 is totally fair and every team is playing by the rules. have you not learnt anything from flavio?

ringo

andrew wrote:He still needed team orders to win though. Pity Button was told to hold station or there might have been some racing, or they would have taken each other off.
Sure.. Button would have ran off with the win and Lewis would not be able to overtake him. :roll:

Are you forgetting what happened in turn 1 right after button overtook Hamilton?

Sometimes i wonder if you are purposely being provocative when it comes to Hamilton.
For Sure!!

Richard
Richard

zenithbeach wrote:lol looks like some people on here still believe f1 is totally fair and every team is playing by the rules. have you not learnt anything from flavio?
It is reasonably fair. I;d repharse that as some people forget the winner is the person who wins in the realm of strategy, bluff, politics, building a team, holding a team together, and finishing ahead of your competitors.

Obviously having the fastest car and/or driver helps, but there is more to that in winning the marathon of the WCC & WDC.