Schumi, love vs hate

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
bernard
bernard

you left out shumacher

dont u rate him ?
No i don't. There is one simple reason: I hate his guts.
I've just happened to notice that all the people who think Schumi is great don't tend to know a lot about F1... they have usually just started following F1 every now and then and naturally like the guy that's won six championships. They don't know HOW he has won them, all they know is they like to be on the winners' side.
Not to say that you would be one of those people, Hudson, naturally, since i've read some of your posts about Schuey. :wink:

As one of the guests said:
"I read big --- here. Schumi is the best and you are know that!"
couldn't have put it better myself :lol:

bernard
bernard

..... being able to race wheel to wheel is enough to win races but not championships...
Yeah, being able to race wheel to wheel takes some courage and some serious skill, not to mention nerves of steel, whereas the latter these days requires some 400 people, oversized budget, teamrules, a sauber type team at your disposal, obedient second driver and a Ross Brawn. Not everybody has what it takes to be WC these days :wink:

hudsonhawk
hudsonhawk

100% support from me on the Shuie factor brother. I must admit, I really fire up over Shuie.

The most annoying factor is that no one in the media has the nerve to take it to Shuie, nor expose him for what he truly is. He would have to be the most vulnerable driver, but no matter what he does, it’s portrayed as a master’s touch (instead of a dirty crutch).[-o<

Anyway, it’s clear that Ralf is just riding on the tail wind of Michael. I mean, why did Toyota employ Ralf? Surely not because they think his abilities are "gene" related, anyway knowing Michael, he would have pinched all the "F1 driving genes". Mike Fart-on-a-coin has really sh*t on his money with a driver like Ralf.

F1 needs drivers with character.

Its a real shame Jacques became more interested in his bank account then propelling his career, as he had the ability and flair. (Ironically, he would have probably made more if he'd concentrated his efforts on winning-but he took the easy path.) I wouldn't mind seeing him come back.

Montoya has guts. He's a racer. He has been the only one who has really taken it to Michael and really mixed it with him in the past few years. Kimi is up there as well, but doesn’t appear to take enough chances.

I'm sure Webber will end up at Williams in 05. But they had best produce a better car for him.

I'm sure you have probably read this but I can’t resist. :P

http://www.crash.net/uk/en/news_view.as ... &nid=95503

Hudsonhawk

P.S - Who was that "masked guest" with the extra chromosome ??? Zorro ?
PISS - Zorro ? You wiggled that sword like crazy and stabbed yourself in the process. Come out we need a sequel to your "fist of fury". :lol:

couldn't have put it better myself

So you agree he is the best and yet u chastise MS as if it was his fault his opponents can't come up with a decent car.

I guess you like poor grammar skills too.

sharkie17

bernard wrote: Kimi
Montoya
Webber
... there are only three really talented drivers worth mentioning.

Worst:

Ralf
Coulthard
Klien
Bruni
Da Matta
Ralf and David?

wow, i was thinking more along the line of Baumgartner and Bruni.

p.s. you hate his guts huh? i dont understand that concept at all.. for someone to hate someone JUST on the basis that he's a very successful person...

bernard
bernard

couldn't have put it better myself

So you agree he is the best and yet u chastise MS as if it was his fault his opponents can't come up with a decent car.

I guess you like poor grammar skills too.
Ok. I don't even know where to start. I wont curse at you, because this post will get edited.
The sentence "I read big --- here. Schumi is the best and you are know that!" was posted by an anonymous guest (like yourself) on a thread about Schumi not deserving his credit. The reason why i put it here was because it just gives you the purest example of a Schumacher fan. Puts it in a nutshell. The bad grammar(what grammar?) only makes it that much funnier. I did not put it here as an example of my opinion of Schumacher.
And second of all, it's not Schumacher's opponents that have to come up with a better car, it's ferrari's opponents, all Schumis opponents have to do is drive fast. Which some of them really do.
Or do you suggest Montoya sits behind the desk on his sparetime designing the Williams car?

What I'm trying to say is that it seems you and hudsonhawk attack Ferrari for winning and your somewhat unjustified hatred of him. I admit I don't think he earned the 94 title honestly as well as the 97 Jerez incident. But MS is still one of the best drivers out there, coming third in the championship in 96 w/ a sh*tty Ferrari as well as coming runner up from 97-98.

If people attack Ferrari for team orders, they often forget that Mika Hakkinen and McLaren also used them in their championship run. But SURPRISE, SURPRISE, everybody forgets this and only attacks Ferrari, and jumps the hating bandwagon like every other ignoramus out there.

You say that MS has different opponents than Ferrari? I always thought that MS drove for Ferrari; apparently I'm wrong. Regardless, it is still both their opponents' fault that they do not come up with a good car. Everybody says that Ferraris are built around MS and other teams just build cars their drivers have to adjust to. So in a way you have to say that MS is the crux of Ferrari's grand prix cars. Everybody knows MS ability to get the most out of the car, both racing as well as setup.

Ferrari and MS battle McLaren and Williams TOGETHER; therefore I'd say that they are both opponents of Ferrari and MS. He's running away with the championship because no car comes remotely close to challenging him consistently. In fact, I heard that Ferrari is pretty much stopping development of the F2004 and working on next year's car; this just means that they have done such a phenomenal job, or that everybody is obviously generations behind.

But you are nowhere near as bad as hudsonhawk...

bernard
bernard

Ok, once again guest, read the posts and UNDERSTAND them. You talk mainly how ferrari does this, ferrari stops developing their car, mclaren and Williams can't make a car that's a match for ferrari, we attack ferrari for winning...
The thing here was hating Schumi. I like ferrari, a bit of a fan myself. It's the driver that i hate. I don't think I've said a bad word about ferrari in this post.
So if we could just stick to the drivers here.

sharkie17

bernard wrote:Ok, once again guest, read the posts and UNDERSTAND them. You talk mainly how ferrari does this, ferrari stops developing their car, mclaren and Williams can't make a car that's a match for ferrari, we attack ferrari for winning...
The thing here was hating Schumi. I like ferrari, a bit of a fan myself. It's the driver that i hate. I don't think I've said a bad word about ferrari in this post.
So if we could just stick to the drivers here.
Bernard, hey, how are you...

i just wanted to know, why are you such a Schumi hater?
im not trying to goad you or anything, im just curious as to why hate him so much.
My favorite driver is NOT Schumi but Rubens...
and im a big Ferrari fan as well.

moron - alias hudsonhawk
moron - alias hudsonhawk

Thanks "no name" guest..... :lol:

I really couldnt have painted a better picture of myself. :lol: Your sharkies invisible twin "no name" arent you (keep hiding!). Its obvious i dont post seriously about shytemaker.....shhuuuuuytemaker......(i'm trying to say his name), but there is a message within that has substance, but not for you, because you just like to be hand fed. (and you dont like me beating up your suprememacher)

About time you started to fire up !?!?!

See you in the next shumacher post.....not that this was one of them..... :lol:

Catchya on the highway

hudsonhawk
hudsonhawk

wtf are u talking about. I'm the original hudsonhawk. I didn't say anythign about Schumacher.

EDIT: If apparently people start posting under "hudsonhawk" become a member and your nick is reserved then

-shr3d-
-shr3d-

hey all, looks like the lead role here for DC has been recast as a bit part, bit like his contribution to world championship contention... hehe
am i a mad one eyed schu fan??.....no i was pissed when Ferrari ditched Alesi for him.... for me Alesi was the true Ferraristi for all his flaws, and sure Michael is no Jackie Stewart or Alain Prost when it comes to on track behaviour, but then neither was my main man Ayrton..... but you got to give the man his dues.... he has won races every year except his first half season (and not always in the best car), has consistently outperformed all his teammates (even before he could call for team orders) and still sets the benchmark in team building (remember how dire the reliability was in 96).
the biggest shame is that he hasnt measured himself directly against his main opposition as Prost did in the late eighties....