Toyota TF110

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Blackout

Re: Toyota TF110 revealed

Nothing new... the Tf109 used the same thing... The current Williams has a quite similar trick.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

volarchico wrote:Image

Has this feature been used by other teams? What is it for/what does it do?
See the Red Bull RB5 launch pics, thats where this was developed from, Toyota followed Williams to copy Newey with this idea. Williams developed it a little tho, Toyota exploited it a good bit.

No team this year has it as it maked the clean realease of air from the diffuser defract in such a way it creates excess drag for the DDD.

Id expect tose floor to sky rear wing endplates to come back into focus next year with the banning of the DDD, as those could have good potential gains for the rear end of ther car.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

If the rear endplate 'drapery' isn't compatible with the DDD then why does the TF110 use it? Or is this entire rear wing a carry over from last season?
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

I think its a carry over from last year. As Williams have ditched the concept, Red Bull diched it at Silverstone last year. It was explained to me it made aditional drag that was unwanted when air left the DDD.

Im not entirly sure, it would need CFD to be able to confirm this.

conni
conni

Tim.Wright wrote:I'm still waiting for this issue but... There is so much hype about this Toyota, why? I don't get it?
wesley123 wrote:from only the mags front i get the idea that that car would have been incredible
Comments like this have got me completely f****d I really dont't understand how so many people are convinced this car was going to be a world beater after 9 years of fruitless attempts.

Granted, I have not followed them closely but still... can anyone enlighten me with a single piece of hard evidence?

Tim

EDIT: Sorry to single you out wesley! but you just happened to make the post that made me hit the reply button. I'm all ears if you have a decent response though.
i dont get it either as a lot of the designers are now at lotus and i can tell you they are a bunch of twats

conni

marcush.
marcush.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

you give the impression you had the pleasure to work with them...

the stories I heard from people supplying parts and tools to Toyota had exactly the same to say...
I met(in 2003?) the guy who designed the first Toyota F1(J-C Martens) ,that is a really realy nice bloke...so maybe not all were like this..

axle
axle

conni wrote: i dont get it either as a lot of the designers are now at lotus and i can tell you they are a bunch of twats

conni
Bit overly aggressive and uncalled for.
- Axle

aral
aral

The latest rumour is that HRT are buying up the Toyota operation in Cologne, and also the tubs!

PlatinumZealot

Good rumour. If it ends up to be true I hope Chandok and Senna can do the car justice.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

ChrisR20XX
ChrisR20XX

this seems to be the TF110 diffusor,
perhaps it will come up on the F10 soon, because of Azzollini moving to Ferrari....

aral
aral

ChrisR20XX wrote:Image

this seems to be the TF110 diffusor,
perhaps it will come up on the F10 soon, because of Azzollini moving to Ferrari....
It can't. Double deck diffusers are BANNED next year!

jason.parker.86
jason.parker.86

Its a crying shame that car never run, becuase that rear end looks awesome.

wesley123
wesley123

yes and they are allowed this year...

That diffuser is simply impressive, reminds me of the P35 diffuser, wich used rounded tunnels, same as here. Also i can see blades in the second deck.

Now i would love to see an shot from the underside showing the holes there.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

mith

Maybe that car will be used to test new Pirelli tyres?

jason.parker.86
jason.parker.86

Under the current regs is that diffuser legal? and if so why hasnt any of the other teams got a diffuser like that? it looks more like a storage compartment than a diffuser?

Looks like this picture was taken with the rest that emerged last month but cant understand how its taken this long to see that diffuser?
Last edited by jason.parker.86 on 24 Jun 2010, 20:16, edited 2 times in total.