Toyota TF110

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
wesley123
wesley123

Re: Toyota TF110 revealed

i dont see why it is illegal, it is just an DDD diffuser, same as every other team has
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

timbo
timbo

jason.parker.86 wrote:Under the current regs is that diffuser legal? and if so why hasnt any of the other teams got a diffuser like that? it looks more like a storage compartment than a diffuser?

Also the livery (seen in the top of the picture) looks different to all the other pictures we have seen before, and also it seems to have Bridgestone F1 tyres on it; and finally appears to be in the garage with a trolley under it, so wonder where this picture was taken?
Well it is big, but it doesn't look like something outstanding to me. Renault's one is also huge.

jason.parker.86
jason.parker.86

wesley123 wrote:i dont see why it is illegal, it is just an DDD diffuser, same as every other team has
I was just asking if it was legal, but does the Renault DDD have a box section type thing like this?

PlatinumZealot

gilgen wrote:
ChrisR20XX wrote:Image

this seems to be the TF110 diffusor,
perhaps it will come up on the F10 soon, because of Azzollini moving to Ferrari....
It can't. Double deck diffusers are BANNED next year!
Interesting it has augmenters/ ejectors at the side.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

allstaruk08
allstaruk08

[img][IMG]http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/7111/sljkdshds.jpg[/img]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

anyone else notice its asymmetrical

kalinka
kalinka

allstaruk08 wrote:[img][IMG]http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/7111/sljkdshds.jpg[/img]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

anyone else notice its asymmetrical

It's just the angle of photo making it appear assymetrical I think.

ss_collins
ss_collins

Yes thats just the photographer being a bit crap - I know because I took the picture - nice to see someone else's watermark on it...
Looks like this picture was taken with the rest that emerged last month but cant understand how its taken this long to see that diffuser?
This pic was in the magazne the same day all the rest came out - you should have a read. We did a proper body work off shoot on the car - we took probably around 250 images, post edit. We have released probably 25.

marcush.
marcush.

ss_collins wrote:Yes thats just the photographer being a bit crap - I know because I took the picture - nice to see someone else's watermark on it...
Looks like this picture was taken with the rest that emerged last month but cant understand how its taken this long to see that diffuser?
This pic was in the magazne the same day all the rest came out - you should have a read. We did a proper body work off shoot on the car - we took probably around 250 images, post edit. We have released probably 25.
unfortunatelly no pics of the uprights and no pic of the dd difusser entry ...but
hey Racecar Engineering rocks ...I should know my first issue was volume 1 ,Number1 :mrgreen: I had to travel to london (motorbooks bookstore ) back then to get hold of it...and lived in Germany .. :wtf:

dougskullery
dougskullery

So, seems HRT are finalising the deal to run a version of the TF110 adapted to 2011 regulations next year. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the TF110 is a car designed with a huge focus on its double decker diffuser which, as we know, is being banned next year. How competitive can we imagine the TF111 (?) being next year, seeing as its main (probably) downforce generator is going to be nullified?

marcush.
marcush.

I think this is a smart move ,if a little too late.
The Toyota guys know quite a bit ,Vasselon is a TIRE man coming from Michelin,should be a good move to have him .
They Now have a car they can benchmark against their current piece of kit (s..t).first without any modifications (perhaps on a young drivers day evaluaion?)and
then blank off the DDD difusser entries to quantify the losses to start with.I´m pretty sure they will have tears in their eyes when the time difference of the developped Dallara and the Toyota chassis run as is out of the box will show up on the screen... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

It is of course then a lot of work to adapt the gearbox and all other systems to the Cosworth (or would they use the Toyota engine?)and of course they will need to adapt the suspension geometry to the pirellis ..but then the remaining toyota guys wil be highly motivated to show the world what they can do..

gibells
gibells

Seems a shame that they don't hook it up now. Any design changes they do to accomodate the Cossie motor won't be wasted, and they'll get the development ball rolling, so to speak.

marcush.
marcush.

gibells wrote:Seems a shame that they don't hook it up now. Any design changes they do to accomodate the Cossie motor won't be wasted, and they'll get the development ball rolling, so to speak.
for sure I would test only the toyota from now on if I were HRT,even if they are not allowed to race it.(Homologated tub?).
Unfortunatelly the engineswap in season is technically asking a bit too much and i don´t think cosworth would allow them to run the Toyota lumpp,wouldn´t they? ..otherwise it would be cool to see a hybrid of toyota complete rearend mated to the dallara tub..but They don´t have the recources to play around so will only decide what to pursue and build a 2011 car and thats about it.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

It would be the best option for the Hispania team to run with the TF110 for 2011, altho what i think Toyota may do is recast new tubs for the team, as the TF110s arer rumored to be eyed by Pirelli for test sessions before Abu Dhabi and after the GP2 tests on Pirelli rubber.

I can also see Hispania ditch Cosworth power for Toyota power for 2011 as well for a completly integrated package, altho with Recast tubs, a Cosworth powered package would be as good as well.

I can see the Hispania team eventualy being a return to F1 via the back door for Toyota, as i feel they have unfinished buisness in the sport.

Im not sure what modren chassis Pirelli should use for the testing of the 2011 rubber, all i know is that the drivers should be Anthony Davidson and Kazuki Nakajimma as they are un-attached drivers, if they are looking for a Chassis and Engine that wouldnt piss off the 13 teams for 2011 id go with a Honda RA108 or a BMW Sauber F1.08. Or get all the teams from last year to submit one car from 2009 for a single days testing by one of those drivers and allow the 3 new teams to use their current cars with one of the 2 drivers ive mentioned.

wesley123
wesley123

ESPImperium wrote: I can also see Hispania ditch Cosworth power for Toyota power for 2011 as well for a completly integrated package, altho with Recast tubs, a Cosworth powered package would be as good as well.
The toyota is actually allowed to have development right now, the engine isnt on the grid so it doesnt fall under the engine freeze rule, but imo i think the cossie is the better engine.
I can see the Hispania team eventualy being a return to F1 via the back door for Toyota, as i feel they have unfinished buisness in the sport.
Indeed, i see no reason for toyota to first fire 3/4 of their staff and wave te F1 goodbye but then after not even half a year contracting new people and signing a deal with a team, certainly not with HRT. Wait for 1 or 2 years and Toyota buys over the whole team. I think Toyota mislooked the economic position, and the world economic growed faster then they expected.

I did not see why Toyota quit formula 1, they could simply just cut hugely in the budget as the team still had the Panasonic money, then the team stil could survive.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

wesley123 wrote:
ESPImperium wrote: I can also see Hispania ditch Cosworth power for Toyota power for 2011 as well for a completly integrated package, altho with Recast tubs, a Cosworth powered package would be as good as well.
The toyota is actually allowed to have development right now, the engine isnt on the grid so it doesnt fall under the engine freeze rule, but imo i think the cossie is the better engine.
Indeed, i see no reason for toyota to first fire 3/4 of their staff and wave te F1 goodbye but then after not even half a year contracting new people and signing a deal with a team, certainly not with HRT. Wait for 1 or 2 years and Toyota buys over the whole team. I think Toyota mislooked the economic position, and the world economic growed faster then they expected.

I did not see why Toyota quit formula 1, they could simply just cut hugely in the budget as the team still had the Panasonic money, then the team stil could survive.
I think yuu are seeing where i am coming from. I think that Toyota have seen that if they kept development of this car, they would be at least where Renault were are, if not where Ferarri are. I can see HRT being bought over by Toyota, with a reduced budget from Japan and some good sponsors like Panasonic, and other Japaneese companies as well, id recon the team could have laid of 35% of staff, and reduced the budget to $150 million a season and been competitive.

I think Toyota did it to look as if they were cutting costs, but now feel they could have done something. I see them returning in 2013.