Strange going-ons at Red Bull

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Is Webber being sabotaged by RB management?

Poll ended at 07 Jun 2010, 15:03

Yes
33%
Maybe
29%
Unlikely
24%
no way
14%

Total votes: 70

gibells
gibells

Re: Strange going-ons at Red Bull

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:
...especially if they look to garnish their bad boy image.
I like it best with ice and vodka. Does that help?

mr moda

myurr wrote:
WhiteBlue wrote:
myurr wrote:Again it leaks out that Marko called the shots in the RB wing row when Horner claimed that the decision was 100% his.
This is a 100% myurr made up statement. I have not seen one single word from Horner, Marko or Mateschitz contradicting the story that Horner made the wing decision the way he said. Where is the evidence for this accusation? This is the full wording of what Marko said three days after Silverstone.
Helmut Marko, AMuS 15.07.2010 wrote:If Mark imagines there’s a conspiracy between us and Vettel against him, then he is on the wrong track. If I was Vettel then I would have suspected the opposite. Which car has permanently had something damaged? Did Mark have the defective spark plug in Bahrain, the loose wheel in Australia, the broken brake disc in Barcelona, the defective chassis in Monte Carlo, the transmission problems in Montreal and now the broken wing at Silverstone? Mark in comparison has got off lightly. Mark is having a great season, and has also improved big time, but he should not forget that he owes much of this to the team. Where was he two years ago? Then he could not even dream of grand prix victories. Today, we have given him a car that he can win on his own. We really don't care who becomes world champion as long as he sits in a Red Bull.
This is all very reasonable. All that Marko does in his statement is showing the other side that is frequently neglected by the english spoken press. Webber indeed was lucky compared to Vettel in terms of reliability. And Webber would still be far away from winning a championship if the Red Bull were not the dominant car. So IMO some team members can be rightly aggrieved that Webber creates unnecessary public confrontations which damage the good work they do.
I did not make up that statement at all and hopefully you will retract your accusation. It's either been made up by Joe Saward, who has proven to be pretty reliable and insightful in the past, or leaked from the team. Url as follows: http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2010/07/ ... ll-racing/

And Marko's statement is not reasonable in the slightest. What he is basically saying is that Red Bull are the king maker and that Webber should just tow the company line. At least Horner has the grace to say that now Webber is leading the championship he will get any preferential treatment.

Let us not forget that it was Marko who started the public statements when he briefed the media against Webber in Turkey. This is something that you have still not addressed despite repeated claims that Webber is creating unnecessary public confrontations. Marko's latest statement is yet another example of the contrast - whereas Webber is making statements aimed at clearing the air and diffusing the situation, Marko is making antagonistic proclamations.
+1

I will say though I believe the team has moved on from this in recent days but there are still some here who obviously wont move on.

Michiba
Michiba

How about that pit stop strategy? Looks like Mark came in too early?

Ciro Pabón

This is an irritating thread for some people. Please, stop the nitpicking. I'd like to close this thread: can you give me a couple of reasons to do so?

I want to see technical reasons for the "strange things going on at Red Bull"... if that's impossible, so also is this thread.
Ciro

WhiteBlue

Ciro Pabón wrote:This is an irritating thread for some people. Please, stop the nitpicking. I'd like to close this thread: can you give me a couple of reasons to do so?

I want to see technical reasons for the "strange things going on at Red Bull"... if that's impossible, so also is this thread.
I give it a try with your two reasons.

1) If you feel it necessary to delete posts from an argument because it annoys you it is a good enough reason to close a thread, and fairer IMO.
2) IMO you cannot argue technically about an issue of opinion, unless you believe that rhetoric language is technical.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)