European GP 2010 - Valencia

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

European GP 2010 - Valencia

GRID | TOP EIGHT | 2009
1 L Hamilton McLaren 1:39.498
2 H Kovalainen McLaren
3 R Barrichello Brawn GP
4 S Vettel Red Bull
5 J Button Brawn GP
6 K Räikkönen Ferrari
7 N Rosberg Williams
8 F Alonso Renault

RESULT | TOP EIGHT | 2009
1 R Barrichello Brawn GP
2 L Hamilton McLaren
3 K Räikkönen Ferrari
4 H Kovalainen McLaren
5 N Rosberg Williams
6 F Alonso Renault
7 J Button Brawn GP
8 R Kubica BMW

FASTEST LAP | 2009
T Glock Toyota 1:38.683

LAP RECORD
T Glock Toyota 1:38.683

PREVIOUS POLE POSITIONS
2008 F Massa Ferrari 1:38.989

PIT STOP SCHEDULE
1 Stop 27-33
2 Stops 12-15, 33-37
3 Stops 6-12, 20-27, 37-45

roost89

Re: European GP 2010 - Valencia

Christian Horner states that this track will lend itself toward McLaren. Red Bull won't be as competitive on this track. Saying that, they may be more competitive than intially thought as they were more competitive at Montreal than they thought they would be.

Could be a McLaren run-over.
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

PlatinumZealot

I don't even feel like watching all of this race; the last two laps should be enough boredom for me.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

andrew

Sadly I cann confidently predict this race to be another bore-fest.

ringo

I don't see why redbull wont dominate here.
Track looks very technical to me, maybe Horner is downplaying the situation.
For Sure!!

andrew

Possibaly. He has done that before. There are a few fast sections which will favour the McLaren or is it the F-duct?

creedbratton

There are way too many corners numbered on that track map.

Is the attendance at this race enough to just its position in the calendar?

ISLAMATRON

Kubica might actually win this one... But its hard to tell who will be strong here, RBRmightbe the smart choice.

BTW: Kubica fans YOU SUCK!!!, stop bringing those huge polish flags and blocking everybody elses view of the race CHUMPS!

andrew

^^ You should have just taken an even bigger flag and barged your way in front of them! :lol:

volarchico

n smikle wrote:I don't even feel like watching all of this race; the last two laps should be enough boredom for me.
Is Valencia really going to be that boring? People have been complaining all year about how boring all the races would be and personally, I've had a blast watching each one. Hopefully you nay-sayers will be proven wrong once again.

Steven
Owner

volarchico wrote:Is Valencia really going to be that boring? People have been complaining all year about how boring all the races would be and personally, I've had a blast watching each one. Hopefully you nay-sayers will be proven wrong once again.
Well it's all about the tyres really. Canada became an interesting race because the tyres made such a huge difference. Cars were on completely different strategies, some struggling badly when others were flying on a new set of rubber.

This year in Valencia Bridgestone will supply the medium and super soft, just like at Canada. Last year they brought soft and super soft.

And yes, considering McLaren won their first race of 2009 here, I guess they will be pretty strong again. Alltogether this is a track with rather long high speed "straights" as well.

thestig84

Tomba wrote: And yes, considering McLaren won their first race of 2009 here, I guess they will be pretty strong again. Alltogether this is a track with rather long high speed "straights" as well.
Mclaren didnt win here last year. They won their first race at Hungary then locked out the front row at the next race which was Valencia. Rubens won though.

I dont think last years Mclaren is a useful yardstick, very different characteristics to this years car.

Ganxxta

I loved the Canada GP and this year it was awesome, but Valencia will be again a very boring GP :( If there is no rain, accidents or tyre failures this will be as boring as Bahrain was, damn I hate these new tracks :evil:

donskar

Ferrari's much anticipated update package is supposed to be ready for Valencia, so we might have another 3-make race. And Alonso might have a little extra motivation.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

forty-two

A while back I heard a whisper that RedBull might be running their F-Duct at Valencia, can anyone confirm this?

If they are, I suspect RB will be either:
1. Totally dominant, with nobody able to get close
2. Lacklustre with possible technical failures

Judging by this year's experience, I'm leaning toward #2 myself, but would love to hear other people's opinions.
The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the Universe and ... Everything?