McLaren MP4-26 Mercedes

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Holm86

Re: McLaren MP4-26 Mercedes

To me "drastic" just means something way different.

But Withmarsh also said the 26 would have some features we would write alot about :)

End January/Start February is better than christmas to me :) Im so exited about the next weeks time :)

myurr
myurr

Holm86 wrote:To me "drastic" just means something way different.

But Withmarsh also said the 26 would have some features we would write alot about :)

End January/Start February is better than christmas to me :) Im so exited about the next weeks time :)
+1

Can't wait for it to all kick off tomorrow...

siskue2005

scarbs wrote:"Drastic" was the word I was told, I haven't seen it but my contact has. Here it is in context "No the mp4-26 is pretty different, its quite drastic and should give you a lot to write about"
Please dont mind some idiots pointing out to your usage of a word.
I dont think you have to come out and explain it these people

Please continue your great write ups and drawings, will be looking forward to it 8)

borgulator
borgulator

Florio
Florio

borgulator wrote:mp4 26 first pic, under cover.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... CB8Q9QEwAg
Hmmm. From the picture the nose looks like a slightly fatter version of an Mp4-23/22. But i'm not even sure if this is actually it, McLaren wouldnt do something like that.

myurr
myurr

borgulator wrote:mp4 26 first pic, under cover.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... CB8Q9QEwAg
Enhanced:

Looks like a higher nose but I think I can just make out a snowplow again underneath. Lower edge of the wing also appears to be flatter than the end of 2010 wing. Also is there something strange going on around the top of the side pods? They seem awfully bulky further back to the side of the snorkel.

timbo
timbo

Airbox seems bigger

LegendaryM

suspension arms are at a very low angle
MRVC: Tolo Racing

peroa
peroa

timbo wrote:Airbox seems bigger
What's more important, it seems very low.
Easy on the Appletini!

PNSD
PNSD

It wont be the 26... its too early.

luca
luca

I think it's way too early. I can't believe the MP4-26 is already in Berlin and onstage.

myurr
myurr

What is it then? It's clearly a McLaren, but the nose is too high for it to be the 25 and as has been pointed out the airbox looks lower and wider.

luca
luca

Besides, that picture is taken from an article dated January 19.

RedTzar
RedTzar

Hi guys, I'm new here.

I was excited when I first saw the image but the more I look at it the more it seems to be the MP4-25. The air intake over the drivers head is the same shape as last year, the nose higher but that may be the image angle and the front wing looks early 2010 to me. But the biggest give away for me is just on the right of the vane on the nose. It looks like the f-duct snorkel. If it is the -26 and it is the snorkel then its a major talking point.

mith

RedTzar wrote:Hi guys, I'm new here.

I was excited when I first saw the image but the more I look at it the more it seems to be the MP4-25. The air intake over the drivers head is the same shape as last year, the nose higher but that may be the image angle and the front wing looks early 2010 to me. But the biggest give away for me is just on the right of the vane on the nose. It looks like the f-duct snorkel. If it is the -26 and it is the snorkel then its a major talking point.
I've also noticed that it's slightly asymmetric in the place where F-duct snorkel should be, but on the other hand nose really looks different. So I'm little confused here ;)