Bernie Ecclestone is a mugging victim!

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Re: Bernie Ecclestone is a mugging victim!

ringo wrote:one for the caption thread :lol:
Quite sad that this is found to be funny regardless of what is thought of the victim. Perhaps we will see a photo of you after a mugging? Then we can post it to MrE and ask him to make light of it.

xpensive
xpensive

Don't feed the trolls Andrew.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

ringo

andrew wrote:
ringo wrote:one for the caption thread :lol:
Quite sad that this is found to be funny regardless of what is thought of the victim. Perhaps we will see a photo of you after a mugging? Then we can post it to MrE and ask him to make light of it.

It is funny, why? Because he is ok now, and he's not taking it seriously like most of you.
Nothing wrong with laughing at something after all is well at the end of the day.
What am i supposed to do? mourn the swollen eye? and fly flags at half mast?

I watch boxing and fighters get payed to be mugged. No real harm comes to them at the end of the fight, so it's entertainment.Had Bernine been in a coma, or suffering from internal bleeding, i wouldn't be smirking.

What also adds to the comedy is the irony of what he said in brasil, that only losers get mugged, or something like that? after he heard the sauber mechanics were held up; kind of a poetic justice.

edit: Here's my "mugged" photo:
Image :roll:
For Sure!!

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Paint it however you like, someone being mugged is not funny. I'm not saying to mourn or anything like that but finding this funny is just truely pathetic and childish.

As for comparing this to a boxing match, I don't know if you are aware that boxers are paid to get thumped - they make a career choice. As for no harm coming to them, better go ask Muhammad Ali.

But before this thread is locked, please let me know if/when you get mugged and we'll all have a good laugh.

ringo

Obviously someone being mugged isn't funny. Neither is someone being attacked by guys with machine guns in a Sao Paulo slum; didn't stop Bernie from making a joke of it.
All is well know and it can be looked back as just another story to tell.

I think there is an overreaction to my post, I'm not laughing my ass off at Bernie being mugged. I was in fact concerned initially, you know for an 80 year old to be whacked up pretty bad. However he went back to work, made a joke about the situation, and after seeing that picture with him smiling, there's no harm done in smiling back. Not withstanding, there is also an ironic twist, no matter how reserved and concerned you want to be for Bernie.

As for me, I can't be mugged, I'm too poor, I'll probably end up mugging the muggers.
8)
For Sure!!

gridwalker
gridwalker

He didn't just make a joke : he made an ADVERT!!! (according to espnf1.com)

"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

Intego

I wanted to post the same. Now you can be sure you won't go to hell for having a good laugh at it. :twisted:

In German there's one word for to earn, to merit, and to deserve: verdienen. Now make your wordplays ...
"Posts targeted only at expressing favouritism or dislike towards people are treated as spam. They can hence be deleted without notice and could invoke a warning to the poster." f1technical forum rules

ringo

gridwalker wrote:He didn't just make a joke : he made an ADVERT!!! (according to espnf1.com)

Paint it however you like, someone being mugged is not funny. I'm not saying to mourn or anything like that but finding this funny is just truely pathetic and childish.
Pathetic and childish; part of the hublot marketting strategy.
:roll: =D> :mrgreen:

This whole mugging thing is starting to look staged.
For Sure!!

Intego

ringo wrote:This whole mugging thing is starting to look staged.
I also thought about that. After reading that his attackers had kicked his head several times – if this is true – I could hardly imagine how this man could do jokes about that. Is this still a human being?

BTW, the thread title could also be interpreted that MrE is a victim that mugs others, which would not be far from truth ...
And the meaning of to mug in terms of to pull faces suits just as well. :lol:
"Posts targeted only at expressing favouritism or dislike towards people are treated as spam. They can hence be deleted without notice and could invoke a warning to the poster." f1technical forum rules