Australian GP 2011 - Albert Park, 24-27 March

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
godlameroso

Re: Australian Grand Prix 2011 - Albert Park, 24-27 March

I estimate it will be in the 1:26's give that last year's pole was a 1:23.919, and this year's cars are slower.
Saishū kōnā

n_anirudh
n_anirudh

Weather is not looking too good at the moment....hoping to see some dry action
http://www.bom.gov.au/vic/forecasts/melbourne.shtml
http://media.theage.com.au/lots-of-rain ... om=newsbox

cooler temps going into the weekend and the track is gonna be very green..

volarchico
volarchico

Pirelli won't be too happy, because weren't they explaining the tires function better at higher temps? These temps will be much closer to testing where the tires were falling apart quickly and leaving behind marbles everywhere.

PlatinumZealot

It's that cold in Australia now?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

BreezyRacer
BreezyRacer

Maybe a bit out there but I see Red Bull, Ferrari, and Renault battling up front .. then a gap. Of course I would love to see Webber wind up on top and it would be great for F1.

forty-two

BreezyRacer wrote:...I would love to see Webber wind up on top and it would be great for F1.
And possibly great for the chances of the Melbourne race (which I always enjoy) continuing into the future too.
The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the Universe and ... Everything?

Mysticf1
Mysticf1

Weather in Melb at the moments is warm and humid with overcast....rain is predicted for friday/saturday...but this town isn't known for its consistency or predictability weather wise so anything could happen.

Fil

n smikle wrote:It's that cold in Australia now?
We've just had the wettest summer in 17yrs with over 340mm of rain :shock:
It's been an odd few months here, and it sure isn't getting any better heading into Autumn.

Though at this stage it's looking like it'll be dry for raceday at least!

Ticket sales have been pretty damn strong this year too, with new grandstands (Piquet Stand on turn 3) being opened for sales only this week to cope with demand!

I'll be doing GA over Friday & Saturday, and up in the Webber Stand on the pit straight for Sunday. Although it won't beat my visit to the Red Bull pit garage last season, I still can't wait!!
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

Gaara
Gaara

n_anirudh
n_anirudh

Yes, its cold here with temperatures around 15-17C, with rain forecast for much of tomorrow.

Ticket sales have been good, up 20% from last year apparently. so expecting a crowd of over 300,000+ over 4 days..

Guess most drivers have already arrived or arriving today

becool70

Hello guys, I will be on circuit all weekend and I will post some nice pics here for you ;)

becool70

Mysticf1 wrote:Weather in Melb at the moments is warm and humid with overcast....rain is predicted for friday/saturday...but this town isn't known for its consistency or predictability weather wise so anything could happen.

You are right it has changed a few times over the week, from rain to partly cloudy to sunny on Sunday!! hehehe :roll:

FrukostScones

I wish it would rain on Saturday and Sunday, otherwise it is going to be a boring race with to Red Bull lapping the entire field!
Mixed conditions would be perfect. ...just dreaming...
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

FW17

FrukostScones wrote:I wish it would rain on Saturday and Sunday, otherwise it is going to be a boring race with to Red Bull lapping the entire field!
Mixed conditions would be perfect. ...just dreaming...

Mixed conditions always does not guarantee a exciting race, majority of the time it ends up as a lottery. It is also unfair that one of the teams driver has to wait while the other is getting serviced.

Prefer a dry race at Melbourne. The track always has a potential for an exiting race, rain can wait for some of the Tilkedromes that absolutely need some artificial inducement to spice up the ontrack action

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

5 day forecast from the BBC here.