Sergio Perez

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
zeph
zeph

Sergio Perez

I felt that his excellent result today warranted a thread dedicated to him alone. I wonder if today was beginner's luck? I didn't see him at all during the race and was surpirsed to see him on P7 in the last stage of the race. But the fact that he bested his respected teammate in his first ever GP is not without merit, I would say.

Poleman

Re: Sergio Perez

Kobayashi impressed in his first GP as well,correct me if im wrong,but i didnt see any thread about it.Props to Perez and Sauber but i think people getting too much hyped about it.

Racer_D
Racer_D

Well the man kept running on his hard tyres for 35 laps, and remained within 1 second of the leader's laptimes who ran on soft.
I'd say it's pretty impressive for a first race.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd_sdkef_wM[/youtube]

Unfortunately Malaysia didn't turn out so well:
Retired while 14th on lap 24
Sauber C30-Ferrari (Chassis 01 / Ferrari 056)
“Something came off Sébastien Buemi’s car, which was just in front of me, and hit the floor of my car. The fire extinguisher went off and the electrics cut out. It was a shame I couldn’t finish the race as the car felt good. However, we could have pitted a bit earlier for fresh tyres, but we thought we were going to have some heavy rain.“
Sauber happy with points for Kobayashi - F1T

This Sergio Perez update has been brought to you by VisitMéxico.com.
:lol:
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.