Renault ECUs impounded

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Andres125sx

Re: Renault ECUs impounded

Post by Andres125sx » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:01 am

subcritical71 wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:50 pm
subcritical71 wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:44 pm
gridwalker wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:07 pm
Grosjean: Illegal Renault system in use since 2015

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/gros ... st=organic
Which further makes this a joke. At least 5 years running an “illegal” system and your only excluded from one race!
Somebody needs to protest DRS. I mean, if ever there was a driver aid meant to diminish the skill of the driver, it’s DRS. Sure it’s allowed by the technical regulations, but as a driver aid it’s against the sporting regulations!
Isn´t that exactly the definition of a loophole? Something wich goes against the spirit of the rules but is not specifically banned/allowed in the rulebook

henry

Post by henry » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:04 am

I don’t agree. DRS is not a driver aid. If it were triggered automatically it would be. It’s more akin to Brake Balance adjustment itself, which is used to manage a physical phenomenon, load transfer, but needs driver input to manage the degree of influence it has. It was this degree of influence that Renault were managing. Drivers can choose to start and end the DRS, it’s in their control so it’s not a driver aid. IMO
Fortune favours the prepared; she has no favourites and takes no sides.
Truth is confirmed by inspection and delay; falsehood by haste and uncertainty : Tacitus

marmer

Post by marmer » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:12 pm

I still believe drs should be driver activated whenever they feel like it. Get some really quick laps in.

NathanOlder

Post by NathanOlder » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:18 pm

marmer wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:12 pm
I still believe drs should be driver activated whenever they feel like it. Get some really quick laps in.
It just cancels itself out then, pointless having it. It's to help overtaking, not reducing lap time.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0

Does anyone play F1 2019 on Ps4, Now setting up a league at

https://rapidpixelracing.com