Renault ECUs impounded

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Andres125sx

Re: Renault ECUs impounded

subcritical71 wrote:
26 Oct 2019, 14:50
subcritical71 wrote:
26 Oct 2019, 14:44
gridwalker wrote:
26 Oct 2019, 14:07
Grosjean: Illegal Renault system in use since 2015

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/gros ... st=organic
Which further makes this a joke. At least 5 years running an “illegal” system and your only excluded from one race!
Somebody needs to protest DRS. I mean, if ever there was a driver aid meant to diminish the skill of the driver, it’s DRS. Sure it’s allowed by the technical regulations, but as a driver aid it’s against the sporting regulations!
Isn´t that exactly the definition of a loophole? Something wich goes against the spirit of the rules but is not specifically banned/allowed in the rulebook

henry

I don’t agree. DRS is not a driver aid. If it were triggered automatically it would be. It’s more akin to Brake Balance adjustment itself, which is used to manage a physical phenomenon, load transfer, but needs driver input to manage the degree of influence it has. It was this degree of influence that Renault were managing. Drivers can choose to start and end the DRS, it’s in their control so it’s not a driver aid. IMO
Fortune favours the prepared; she has no favourites and takes no sides.
Truth is confirmed by inspection and delay; falsehood by haste and uncertainty : Tacitus

marmer

I still believe drs should be driver activated whenever they feel like it. Get some really quick laps in.

NathanOlder

marmer wrote:
29 Oct 2019, 22:12
I still believe drs should be driver activated whenever they feel like it. Get some really quick laps in.
It just cancels itself out then, pointless having it. It's to help overtaking, not reducing lap time.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC